2»

Comments

• jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options
    Hi Leslie,
    Welcome to the

Hi Leslie,
    Welcome to the board. It was nice to hear you are adopting. I am currently in treatment for stage 3c and had a total hysterectomy so I can't have kids and I am 31 without any. My fiancée and I really wanted kids. How do you deal with this? Hard for me. I try to ignor it but everone I know is having kids. We plan on adopting but I don't know where to even begin with that process.
  • curlyq1971
    curlyq1971 Member Posts: 56
    Options

High ca 125
    Hi! My name is JoAnne and I am 4 year survivor. I am in treatment for my 3rd recurrence and my numbers started rising a couple of months ago from 120 to 240 to 6600 to current 19,900! This is the highest I've seen until I saw your post. Did your dr. ever explain why this number got so high? Since you were stage 2, obviously there are others who had more cancer with lower numbers. How are you doing now? Are you still cancer free? I need some hope here as I'm very freaked out by numbers. Had MRI last night and spoke with surgeon regarding liver resection. My recurrences have both been in the same areas of liver. I appreciate anything you can share with me!

I'm Still Here...
    Joanne,

Congratulations on 4 years!!! Yes, I am still cancer free, it will be 6 years on August 26th. I was released by my onc in February to once a year follow ups with the ca125. I was told that I was sensitive to the protein that ovaca puts out that is why my number was so high, and I am guessing you are too, which is a good thing because it will alert your medical team to take action and kill those cancer cells before it gets out of control. Hopefully your surgeon will be able to take out the cancer and it will be gone for good. Please try and stay positive and keep the faith, I know it is hard sometimes but that is why it is good to come to this board and talk to these amazing women on here.

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!!!! Please let me know how you are doing, and what your doctor's plan of attack is...sending you a huge hug;)

Take Care,

Leslie
  • curlyq1971
    Options
    jbeans888 said:

Hi Leslie,
    Welcome to the

Hi Leslie,
    Welcome to the board. It was nice to hear you are adopting. I am currently in treatment for stage 3c and had a total hysterectomy so I can't have kids and I am 31 without any. My fiancée and I really wanted kids. How do you deal with this? Hard for me. I try to ignor it but everone I know is having kids. We plan on adopting but I don't know where to even begin with that process.

Hi
    I'm not gonna lie it was hard at first to know that I will never be able to have another baby, we were blessed with the birth of our first son in 1996, however I realized what a small price to pay for having my life and the ability to be here to raise my son. Also, I don't miss having a period;) The adoption was final in 2008 for our second son, but he was placed in our home in May of 2006 at the tender age of 7 months. So literally I had a baby 9 months after my hysterectomy...my husband and I decided to become foster/adoptive parents thru the department of human services that is how we were able to adopt. You can contact DHS in your area and see what you need to do in order to become foster/adoptive parents. We had to attend a 10 week training class that met on every saturday morning, have a home study done, background check, and then we were licensed. It doesn't cost anything. There are so many children who need good homes and a loving mommy and daddy. I know how you feel about everyone you know is having babies, but just tell yourself once I get thru all of this cancer bs I will have a baby of my own too;) I hope this helps you, and please let me know what you find out!

Take Care,
    Leslie
  • curlyq1971
    Options

Annie....one of us, either
    Annie....one of us, either myself or my computer, has lost our mind. The first post I saw in the thread was from someone called "AandJ." After I refreshed the page, I saw that it was started by Leslie.

It's late and I had 2 strawberry daquiris with dinner. That might explain it, as well. Thank you for keeping me right-side-up.

Carlene

PS....how are you doing, Leslie?

I was pleasently surprised..
    to see comments on my thread posted so many years ago! I am still on here everyday checking in on my fellow teal warriors. I am doing great, I will be celebrating 6 years cancer free on August 26th, and in February of this year I was released my by onc to once a year f/u visits for the CA125. I hope and pray that the vaccine trial you participated in leads to a cure of this disease!! We definately need some encouraging news on this board after all the losses we have expereinced lately.

I enjoy reading your posts and I hope and pray you stay cancer free indefinately!

Take Care,

Leslie