Friday Riddle / Teaser - ANSWER

Options
nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I will have to give it to PGLGreg he was close. You seem to have a lot of the answers. Give me your occupation.

RIDDLE:Sitting on the school bus are seven boys and seven girls, with three vacant seats as shown. Another boy, Pablo, gets on the bus and sits in the first vacant sit, next to the window. He notices that there are the same number of girls in front of and behind him. If Pablo had sat in the next vacant seat he would have had the same number of boys in front of him, behind him and to his left, but more on his right-hand-side. What was the distriubtion of children before he got on?

ANSWER: B = Boys; G = Girls

Two seats behind bus driver = B B
Two seats behind BB = G G
Two seats behind GG = B & Vacant
5 seats behind B & Vacant = B B G, Vacant & G
Two front seats next to B B = G G
Two seats behind G G = G & Vacant
Two seats behind G & Vacant = B B

Comments

• PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Here's a diagram for the answer:
    d
    BB GG
    GG GV
    BV BB
    BBGVG
    But the second vacant seat, in the third row behind the driver, has two boys in front, two boys behind, and one boy to the left. These three numbers are all supposed to the same, though.
    I'm a linguist.
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options
    PGLGreg said:

Here's a diagram for the answer:
    d
    BB GG
    GG GV
    BV BB
    BBGVG
    But the second vacant seat, in the third row behind the driver, has two boys in front, two boys behind, and one boy to the left. These three numbers are all supposed to the same, though.
    I'm a linguist.

Oh, never mind. I see now that "in front" is supposed to mean directly in front, not just closer to the front of the bus.
    Thanks, nudgie, for the nice puzzle.