Back from Holland...a GREAT time!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We returned home Monday late from 3 weeks in Holland. What a Great trip we had! Mom was in good spirits, and health-wise was at her peak! She made dinner for us almost every night (mmmmmm, all my favorites!!!). The weather was cold, but beautiful. No snow (sigh), but plenty of wind!!! No naked dancing, unless you counted the morning I stepped into the shower only to find NO HOT WATER (lol)! I slept alot, owing to it staying dark until 9:30am and getting dark at 4:30pm.
I lit a big, noisy firecracker string for all of you on New Year...to chase away the beast! It was very misty on New Year's Eve, so we waited to light the rockets till the next night. They were all beautiful!
I only gained 2 pounds, ate all of my goodies, and walked in the brisk air everyday. I laughed alot, had a magical day in Amsterdam (yes, the 'special menu' in coffeeshops is alive and well....just had to walk by and sniff...rofl).

My daughter's lawyer is working on the case, and sent the letter in time to freeze the limitations from running out...

It's beautiful weather here at home. Blue skies, and sun. The house is finished (we had 3 floods total), and we are planning little trips for this year....

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am so glad things are going so well for you. The trip to Holland sounds wonderful.

Question: Do you have any idea where I could go to find information on bilateral reconstruction using your own tissue vs. implants?

Thanks, seof
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect trip. Glad all went well and thanks for the firecracker...I can feel all tumour cells shrinking as we speak :)

You say it didn't get light till 9:30am? Wow, I'm in northern Canada and it never was dark till that time, but we did get dark by 4:00pm for awhile.

Sounds like 2008 is going to be a good year for you, hopefully for all of us.
    jan
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options
    Welcome back and thanks for the firecracker. It sounds like the perfect trip after all you been through - Mom cooking your favorite foods - sleeping a lot.
    She