Colorectal Update

Options
dolphinsfly
dolphinsfly Member Posts: 16
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thanks so much to all of you wonderful people out there!!! I have no idea how to answer each one of you that wrote to me this last week.
I am most definately seeking a new Dr.
I am located in Sacramento, California. I am looking into a referral from my Dr to Stanford University here in California and also MD Anderson in Texas.
Keep saying your prayers!!
Someone tell me how to answer you guys!!
Thank you so very much for all of your support.
I will keep you all posted!

Comments

• shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. You can answer us by keeping us posted!
    Good luck. I was treated at MD Anderson with excellent results!
    Best wishes,
    Susan H.
  • katienavs
    katienavs Member Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am in Sacramento! I wrote you back several days ago. I get my care at UC Davis Medical Center. Please write me back so we can talk more. You can send me an email on this site and we can exchange contact info.
    Talk soon!
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! I have a book called The Colon Cancer Survivors' Guide by Curtis Pesmen who had rectal cancer and was worked on by Dr Mark Lane Welton from Stanford. He had very good results.

I'm finished with it and would love to send it to you if you want to email me.

Keep us posted with all the news!

Jen
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    That's great. I am a big advocate of getting another opinion. Doc's are not infallable and opinions vary and there are many out there who are still "old school" and don't think out of the box. Keep the faith. Keep us posted . Good luck and God Bless.
    Diane
  • dolphinsfly
    Options

Yeah for you! I have a book called The Colon Cancer Survivors' Guide by Curtis Pesmen who had rectal cancer and was worked on by Dr Mark Lane Welton from Stanford. He had very good results.

I'm finished with it and would love to send it to you if you want to email me.

Keep us posted with all the news!

Jen

Oh thank you so much! Now that I am not working I have tons of time to read. My email is dolphinsfly05@yahoo.com
  • dolphinsfly
    Options
    katienavs said:

I am in Sacramento! I wrote you back several days ago. I get my care at UC Davis Medical Center. Please write me back so we can talk more. You can send me an email on this site and we can exchange contact info.
    Talk soon!

Hello. I'm sorry, I never saw the dumb little reply button next to the message until today! Silly me!!
    My email is dolphinsfly05@yahoo.com
    I am actually in Carmichael.
  • dolphinsfly
    Options

Sounds like a good plan. You can answer us by keeping us posted!
    Good luck. I was treated at MD Anderson with excellent results!
    Best wishes,
    Susan H.

Thank you so much! My Dr seems reluctant to give me a referral. I will threaten him with his superiors if I need to. Dang Kaiser!!
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to hear that you will look further for more hope. Be your own advocate! Keep believing and have faith, it is so important! Better days are ahead!

Faith