I'm Jen..but you can call me NED!!!

Options
jenhopesprays
jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All,

I'm coming off of official "lurking" status to join the group. I'm 39 and at the end of August this year my husband and I took my oldest daughter to college 8 hours away and while there ended up in the ER wtih an emergency colectomy of my sigmoid colon because it was completely blocked. I had little symptoms just a week before and was in total shock when I learned it was stage 4 with mets to the liver.

I did 5 rounds of folfox 6 w/ avastin and hunted around for the best surgeon to do wedge cuts of my liver. We then discovered that it was also in my left ovary. I had 2 surgeons operate 6 weeks ago, one for the ovary and one for the liver.

Before my colectomy my CEA was 116 and dropped to a low of 16 after chemo. Today I just found out I am officially NED at 1.8. :)

I am back on chemo for 4 to 6 months (oh joy) starting Monday.

Thank God for the internet and the things I have learned to get the best possible care. I have learned so much from others who have shared their experiences and used them to direct my own care.

Just wanted to share the good news with those who understand!!

Jen in Southern California

Comments

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Jen. that's terrific!!! Hubby just had liver resection in October and currently NED also. I know how happy you must be! Congrats and Keep the faith!
    God Bless,
    Diane
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen,
    That is awesome news. Welcome to our group! I bet that gives people here great hope to hear. I had a liver met and 2 lung mets. Now i am NED too, as of October 2004! Keep it up, you'll get there too.
    Take care,
    Susan H.
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Hi Jen,
    That is awesome news. Welcome to our group! I bet that gives people here great hope to hear. I had a liver met and 2 lung mets. Now i am NED too, as of October 2004! Keep it up, you'll get there too.
    Take care,
    Susan H.

Susan,

Loved to hear how long its been going well for you!!! it is sooo encouraging!

Emily,

Would you share some juicing recipes. I have been juicing carrots. Do you have other ideas you might share?

Thanks

Jen
  • dn220
    dn220 Member Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jen, that is wonderful news.
    Deb
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. That's wonderful news. It makes a good day even better. Hang in there during that chemo.

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Congratulations on NED. Sorry you have to go forth with more chemo, but it is worth it to stay NED. We all love that guy NED!
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being NED! You have a great attitude. Keep it up and you will do just fine! Keep believing and have faith. You have found a great site to give you encouragement. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue with your treatments.

Faith