frequent leaking

Options
dorion
dorion Member Posts: 183
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi guys, well this is an embarrassing question......I had surgery on the 26th, complete hyterectomy, you guys probable remember me. Anyway it's stage 4, I have't started chemo yet. Anyway my question is this. Has anyone suffered from constant leakage, it's just flowing and it's tinted red. This oncologist on Monday said I was healing and it's extra fluid and the stitches desolving. I"m not sure I beleive him. CAn anyone help? Thanks a heep.

Comments

• floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Options
    Dorian,
    Glad to hear that all went well with your surgery, but i've never heard of leaking,especially like your telling. However I would believe what the Dr. said unless it continues..how long did he say to expect this?? it's so strange,I learn something new everyday with this disease,just when I think I got a grasp on it, someone has something happen, and it's normal..wow..good luck...(((hugz)))..Joanne
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I had leakage really really bad. My doc said it wasn't nothing either. I have heard other women say they did to but each of circumstances seemed a bit different. Trust your Doc and also your instincts. So relax right now, concentrate on getting well and see if as you heal this doesn't stop. Gentle hugs Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I had no leakage at all. However, I do have a friend that had only a hysterectomy (vaginally) and she did. After about 4 weeks they had to go back and put in a couple of more stitches. If the oncologist did not examine you, you may want to request a pelvic. That is all I know about drainage.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your input. I ended up in emergency lastnight to deal with this, cos I've been feeling fluish and hot and cold sweats. All blood work came back normal. I think I may have overdid my housework yesterday, laundry and cleaning, vacuming and such. They did a pelvic and all was normal. He put me on antibiotics saying that there could be a urine infection. I guess the leakage is to be expected, from all the fluid build up and it's just the aftereffects. I'm just so darn depressed today,now having to wear depends like pad, I feel like my dignity now is being taken away. I'll snap out of it. Fighting off the fear that creeps in every once in a while. But you ladies are all such a help and I will soon be in the legue with the rest of you, a survivor and able to give others the same encouragement that you have all given me.

Linda
  • dorion said:

Thanks ladies for your input. I ended up in emergency lastnight to deal with this, cos I've been feeling fluish and hot and cold sweats. All blood work came back normal. I think I may have overdid my housework yesterday, laundry and cleaning, vacuming and such. They did a pelvic and all was normal. He put me on antibiotics saying that there could be a urine infection. I guess the leakage is to be expected, from all the fluid build up and it's just the aftereffects. I'm just so darn depressed today,now having to wear depends like pad, I feel like my dignity now is being taken away. I'll snap out of it. Fighting off the fear that creeps in every once in a while. But you ladies are all such a help and I will soon be in the legue with the rest of you, a survivor and able to give others the same encouragement that you have all given me.

Linda

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    dorion said:

Linda

Linda, glad you went to ER and checked it out. A person does have to follow what their body is telling them.

Hugs Bonnie
  • paula2
    paula2 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    no vacuuming for awhile!
    I couldn't even walk up hill without muscles freaking out in my stomach, after surgery. Be careful and pamper yourself.
    Depression is certainly understandable, look what huge life event you are going through. Take heart that it will change and your hormones will settle down some. Tell the docs you are having a hard time...I remember that the chemo nurses helped me too. Try to visualize yourself getting better and see yourself walking and playing and doing the things you used to love. But take it easy on the physical stuff and let the body heal. I do feel for you and remember the pain and heartache. Thinking good thoughts for you today, prayers for healing and renewed strength.

Paula2
  • aandj
    aandj Member Posts: 33
    Options
    dorion said:

Linda

Hi there Dorion
    I had a total hysterectomy and all that in november, and I was "leaking" for a least 6 weeks after the surgery. It is completely normal, as there is a wound at the top of your vagina - just as there is one on your tummy. The one on your tummy heals as it can dry, but the one inside is always moist, and it's like the scab cannot form around the wound, so it heals a whole lot slower than a wound on the outside of your body. What you need to watch for is clots - if there are big clots of blood then that is more of a problem. I am stage one, and have just had my second dose of chemo - so I am pretty close to the emotions that you are feeling. I have never cried as much as I did the first 2 months of my diagnosis. I have also now turned into what I feel is a complete hypochondriac. Each thing that I feel is not normal within my body I become super aware of it, and I think my gynae/oncologist is getting sick of me! But he also tells me that that is a normal emotion. Hope any of this helps. Take care of yourself, and rest lots!