Options
13»

Comments

• Sarah6rh
    Sarah6rh Member Posts: 3
    Options
    paddison said:

I have been reading these

I have been reading these posts and I haven't seen anyone with CA125 numbers as high as mine.  On July 25,2016, I was diagnosed with stage 3-4 ovarian cancer.  My CA125 was 16,000.  I did 3 rounds of taxil/carbo, then had a total hysterectomy including my omentum and even my appendix.  Then 3 more rounds of chemo.  I finished on January 25, 2017.  My CA125 was down to 12 in May.  The beginning of August I had a CA125 done.  It was 295.  I had another test and a CT scan 4 days later.  The number was 460, but nothing showed on the scan.  

Last Tuesday I had another CA125 done....it is 2645.  To me, the only thing that would make the number so high is a recurrance of the cancer.  I am having a PET scan on Saturday.  I am very anxious about this.  I try not to think about it, but it is hard.  

Has anyone had their numbers go this high?

My mum has the same problem as you

I was just wondering how your last CT scan went and what your doctor's conclusion was in correlation with your abnormally high Ca125 marker results? 

My mum's marker just jumped from 500 to 2888 in 3 months, but she seems much better in herself. 

Sending you many positive vibes from Tenerife, sarah 

• Sarah6rh
    Sarah6rh Member Posts: 3
    Options
    paddison said:

I have been reading these

I have been reading these posts and I haven't seen anyone with CA125 numbers as high as mine.  On July 25,2016, I was diagnosed with stage 3-4 ovarian cancer.  My CA125 was 16,000.  I did 3 rounds of taxil/carbo, then had a total hysterectomy including my omentum and even my appendix.  Then 3 more rounds of chemo.  I finished on January 25, 2017.  My CA125 was down to 12 in May.  The beginning of August I had a CA125 done.  It was 295.  I had another test and a CT scan 4 days later.  The number was 460, but nothing showed on the scan.  

Last Tuesday I had another CA125 done....it is 2645.  To me, the only thing that would make the number so high is a recurrance of the cancer.  I am having a PET scan on Saturday.  I am very anxious about this.  I try not to think about it, but it is hard.  

Has anyone had their numbers go this high?

I was just wondering how your

I was just wondering how your last CT scan went and what your doctor's conclusion was in correlation with your abnormally high Ca125 marker results And yourmlatest CT scan reaults.

My mum's marker just jumped from 500 to 2888 in 3 months, but she seems much better in herself. 

Sending you many positive vibes from Tenerife, sarah 

• Cgsolomong
    Cgsolomong Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My wife was diagnosed on Jan 6, 2018 w Ovarian Cancer stage 3C

This news broke us hard, and just a month after my dad died. It has been really rough. My wife started with CA 125 of 1250, the 1 st chemo did a good job and brought it down to 550, after 2nd Chemo it is in 86, so we are confident that for the 3rd she will get below 35. She is Platinum sensible and hopefully she gets a strong reduction of the tumor by the Cito reduction surgery commIng up on early April.

Then she will get a new treatment as 1st step for the surgery called HIPEC, which consists in giving her warm Chemo bathing her organs for 90 minutes, and then cleaning it up, this attacks also from the outside and not only from the blood stream, so the idea is to take out any small tumor that t(El human eye cannot see, therefore increasing chances of not getting it again. This procedure seems to have a great effect on Survival Rates, taking it from 37% up to 60% average, so it does increases the chances of removing the whole thing once and for all.  Anyway  3 chemos more will come after as maintenance and then the terrible waiting for the results. 

Good luck to you all.

• LorettaMarshall
    LorettaMarshall Member Posts: 662 Member
    Options

My wife was diagnosed on Jan 6, 2018 w Ovarian Cancer stage 3C

This news broke us hard, and just a month after my dad died. It has been really rough. My wife started with CA 125 of 1250, the 1 st chemo did a good job and brought it down to 550, after 2nd Chemo it is in 86, so we are confident that for the 3rd she will get below 35. She is Platinum sensible and hopefully she gets a strong reduction of the tumor by the Cito reduction surgery commIng up on early April.

Then she will get a new treatment as 1st step for the surgery called HIPEC, which consists in giving her warm Chemo bathing her organs for 90 minutes, and then cleaning it up, this attacks also from the outside and not only from the blood stream, so the idea is to take out any small tumor that t(El human eye cannot see, therefore increasing chances of not getting it again. This procedure seems to have a great effect on Survival Rates, taking it from 37% up to 60% average, so it does increases the chances of removing the whole thing once and for all.  Anyway  3 chemos more will come after as maintenance and then the terrible waiting for the results. 

Good luck to you all.

Cgsolomong~Hope U don't mind~I started a new topic discussion 4U

Dear “Cgsolomong”

First let me say that it saddens all of us to read of your dad’s death in December 2017 and your wife’s Ovarian Cancer diagnosis in January of this year.  If anyone was ever “in a world of hurt”, you certainly are. I am so sorry. 

As for your wife’s Ovarian Cancer Stage IIIc diagnosis, you’ve entered your comments here in a post that is actually 10 years old now, and over 38,000 people have read the comments.  However, I have taken the liberty of writing you on a separate topic forum just for you.  It contains information which will be helpful in understanding what you and your wife are coping with.  I’ve included multiple references regarding the heated chemo treatment known as HIPEC.  So please go here to read my comments in answer to your post.  If you care to comment further or ask questions, if you will go to the new post, we can keep up with your comments more readily.  I find it easier to keep up with one when they have their very own discussion going. 

https://csn.cancer.org/node/315200

Wishing you and your wife every success in the days that lie ahead.

Loretta Marshall (Peritoneal Carcinomatosis/Ovarian Cancer Stage IV) since November of 2012