protocel?

dash4
dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello, Someone was just telling my husband about protocel. He says it is the miracle cure for cancer that no one knows about and it is the "world's greatest antioxidant". Has anyone heard of it? I reasearched online and read about it on the Sloan Kettering site that discusses alternative treatments. Of course, lots of confusing info--just wondering if any of you out there have tried it and were you still on chemo when you did? Thanks for any advice.
Mary Kay

Comments

• cheryltaco
    cheryltaco Member Posts: 39
    I haven't heard of Protocel, but at the time of my diagnosis and throughout various stages of my treatment I have looked into and entertained the idea of alternative medicine. I think all of us fighting the beast would love to have a miracle cure! After doing some of my own research, reading the various posts from this site, and talking to my doctors, I have found the best I can do for myself is eat a healthy diet, exercise, keep stress to a minimum (see the post on relaxation), and stay positive and informed. My doctor was against me taking any herbal remedies while going through my treatment, so be sure to check with your doctor before trying anything. I guess some of that stuff actually is counter-productive or works against what the chemo is intended to do. Blessings, Cheryl
  • LOUSWIFT
    LOUSWIFT Member Posts: 371 Member
    PROTOCEL is no secret its been around in a few forms since the 1930's. BUT SITES CLAIM THAT IT CURES CANCER, HIV, HERPES not only in humans but dogs and other animals. Tom Sawyer thought throwing a dead cat over a fresh grave at midnight .... well sometimes it just doesn't work out as you expect. Protocel was developed in the 1930's. The NCI found it not to merit further study? I undertand it can not be sold in the United States as a medicine although I understand it has morphed into a "food group". Okay, so no sales in the U.S. then why isn't the rest of the world cancer free? I need more than the occassional "it worked for me" before I bet my life on it. Don't get me wrong I think the science is right just the chemistry is wrong to have the body recognize cancer as a threat. If scientific studies prove that anything is effective as the cure, I'll be standing in line with a straw. But maybe people taking protocel got better because they were suppose to; maybe it was faith; maybe it was that light beer and unsalted nuts after work which cured smeone's cancer. If it did GREAT!!!! But how do we know what did it on my list? Maybe the ones it worked for did all of the above or maybe just one or two. Fight like hell but be sure of your weapons, the beast never takes prisoners.
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    I so much agree with LouSwift. I have driven myself nuts looking at stuff on the Internet, etc. I have a friend pushing Macrobotics and bringing me stuff to eat. Their thing is even cooking fruit and not eating much of it,lots of grains, etc. Meanwhile, there are others who stress all raw fruits and veggies. Let's face it...no one knows anything! I am going with little meat, mostly grains and the fruits and veggies. Also, little sugar, no processed foods and nothing with ingredients that you would need to be a chemist to figure out. I think we all need to stop stressing this aspect of our condition and remain positive and true to ourselves.
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    apache4 said:

I so much agree with LouSwift. I have driven myself nuts looking at stuff on the Internet, etc. I have a friend pushing Macrobotics and bringing me stuff to eat. Their thing is even cooking fruit and not eating much of it,lots of grains, etc. Meanwhile, there are others who stress all raw fruits and veggies. Let's face it...no one knows anything! I am going with little meat, mostly grains and the fruits and veggies. Also, little sugar, no processed foods and nothing with ingredients that you would need to be a chemist to figure out. I think we all need to stop stressing this aspect of our condition and remain positive and true to ourselves.

Thank you all for the responses. Sometimes it is so difficult as the caregiver--I expect to "make everything okay" for my husband. He has become very dependent on my opinion. I trully know that I cannot fix everything, but as the caregiver it is so hard to watch my husband's journey and there are times I really start to second guess my intuition. I agree with all three of your posts, but it is helpful to hear it from some other place besides myself. Chemo has kept my husband stable now for years and it is such a big risk to bet his life on the unknown. Thanks again for the input.
    Blessings to all of you too.
    Mary Kay