mastectomy update

seof
seof Member Posts: 819 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
fellow survivors,
thanks again for sharing your experiences. The double mastectomy was successful on Fri, and I am already at home and doing well. My Mom and my husband are taking care of the drains, and I am having very little pain, even without meds. Next step will be radiation, then maybe chemo or maybe not...depends on pathology report. Anyway, y'all have a very Merry Christmas!

seof

Comments

• Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Merry Christmas to you.. Sounds like you have a great attitude... and the beast just hates it.... He will soon be out of your life...

Take Care.... God Bless....

Susan
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Congratulations, I am so glad it all went well for you. A very Merry Christmas to you as well.
    jan
  • ladybluepgh
    ladybluepgh Member Posts: 76
    So glad to hear you are doing well...get lots of rest...and enjoy your holiday...Merry Christmas!
  • grandmagail
    grandmagail Member Posts: 28
    I'm so glad to hear that you are doing fine! Have a very Merry Christmas and good luck with your test results! Enjoy your help!!
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Merry Christmas Seof and welcome home for Christmas! I hope you get to avoid chemo, but if you don't you'll get through that too!

I hosted Christmas eve dinner last night and led the prayer - "Thank God I'm alive".

Much better than last year's bald Christmas Eve!
    Sheilah
  • jackiemanz
    jackiemanz Member Posts: 85
    Merry Christmas Seof. Glad everything went well and you are home for Christmas.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    HOORAY!!! And "official" welcome as a BC survivor! Not that you weren't already, but ya know, now the Beast has been duly excised!
    I second the thoughts from the Sisterhood that your attitude is wonderful, and we walk each step of the journey with you!
    Hugs
    Claudia