goldfinch---Mary

Moesimo
Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had sent several emails to Mary that have gone unanswered. I last received an email from her on 11/24.

I found out from Mary's husband that Mary passed away on 12/07.

I am crying as I write this. Mary and I had similar cancer stories and backgrounds. Although I never met her we had bonded via the internet. We were diagnosed right around the same time as each other.

Mary left behind a devoted husband and daughter.

Please say a prayer for Mary today.

Maureen

12/10/2007 MARY S. PINER RICHMOND - Mary S. Piner passed quietly on Dec. 07, 2007, in her home in Richmond in the presence of her loving daughter and husband after a long illness. She will be sorely missed by all who knew and loved her. In lieu of flowers please make donations to your local Hospice and Palliative Care Organization or the American Cancer Society.

Comments

• betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    I am so sad to hear about Mary,I knew when I saw her name in the post that was going to be sad news, I have been thinking about her lately a lot. I will say a very special prayer for her and her family.
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    I am so sad to hear about Mary,I knew when I saw her name in the post that was going to be sad news, I have been thinking about her lately a lot. I will say a very special prayer for her and her family.
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    If I remember, Mary was quite the fighter and she stood strong against this disease. Bless her and her family
    Mark.
  • rmap59
    rmap59 Member Posts: 266
    Very sad. It is hard enough to lose a loved one anytime but seems around the holidays it is even harder. I will say a prayer for Mary's family because Mary is in a better place and cancer free.
    Robin
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    When I think of Mary I'll always remember her love for the St John Virgin Islands and her Miata Convertible. Mary was a true inspiration and fought hard in this battle we all share.

She will be sadly missed.

Lisa Rose
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    I'm sorry to hear that Mary has lost her battle; she had such strength and courage. My sympathies to her family, and to you, Maureen, on losing a friend. Judy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    I am so sad to hear of Mary's passing. She fought so hard and in so many ways. I know she has been released from pain and is now in peace. Prayers to her husband and daughter during this difficult time.

Kay
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    Thank you for letting us know. I had a bad feeling when people started asking about her and nodoby heard anything.

I pray she is at peace now and no longer in battle. I pray for her family and friends who lost such a great woman.
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Thanks for the update. I'm so very sorry to hear about another loss. My heart goes out to her family.

Debbie
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about Mary. Having lost my mom recently to this disease, I know how her family must feel. Mary was such a fighter. I know she is running with angels. Give my mom a hug Mary. God bless you and your family.
    Valerie
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about Mary. She always had such a positive attitude. My thoughts are with her family.
    Jamie
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    So sorry to hear of this news. Mary was such a fighter and inspiration. I know she is at peace now. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
    Diane
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    My heart goes out to her husband and daughter. Mary is now at peace and free from this disease. I will say a special prayer tonight for her family, Audrey.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The sharpest memory I have of Mary is that when someone needed comfort, she set aside all of her misery and offered it. She was a true angel, and we will miss her.

Thank you, Maureen, for letting us know. Please send my sympathy to her husband and daughter.

Hugs, Kathi

I read this on the Cancer Crusade this week...

Dear God, open my eyes to the very real angels in my life - to family and friends and to strangers I encounter who have lessons to teach me. And please open my heart and my spirit to the understanding that Your heavenly angels surround me night and day, that I am always safe under their watchful eyes and protected by their love for me. Let me rest easy in the knowledge that in my last hours and minutes on this earth, Your angels will be right there beside me, letting nothing on this earth - no sickness, no evil, no harm nor hurt of any kind - touch the real me, and that when I close my eyes for the last time, they will deliver me safely and swiftly into Your arms.
    Amen
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Please pass along my condolences to Mary's family. Thank you Maureen for letting us know.

My thoughts are with her friends and family as they deal with such a big loss especially at this time of year. My heart goes out to them all.

Life is so precious.

peace, emily
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    She was a fighter!
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    God Bless Mary's family. She definitely fought the good fight and I am so sorry to hear this.

Take care, Mary's family,

Betsy
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member

God Bless Mary's family. She definitely fought the good fight and I am so sorry to hear this.

Take care, Mary's family,

Betsy

Thank you Maureen, for letting us know about Mary. Mary was always giving to others even in her darkest times.

We must not give up the fight to find a cure for this awful disease.

Kerry
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    I have been away from the board for awhile and so very sad to read the news...my heart goes out to her family
    Bev