Challenge

newboobs
newboobs Member Posts: 121
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to challenge you all to do something great for YOURSELF during the Holiday Season. Take an afternoon to enjoy being YOU, life, your friends and family. Let the hustle and bustle go. Then -- report back to us and tell us what you did. Game is on!!! Good luck -

Comments

• Well....I ate 2 dozen peanut butter cookies in 24 hours...does that count?
    Hey, it was only 1 per hour!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I know it's not quite what you had in mind, but I am having a double mastectomy, after which I plan to be esconced upon the royal couch and waited on hand and foot. Beyond that, I have no specific plans.

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday Jesus.
    seof
  • newboobs
    unknown said:

Well....I ate 2 dozen peanut butter cookies in 24 hours...does that count?
    Hey, it was only 1 per hour!

Zah you need to send cookies to seof for her healing! Seof-- big prayers for a great recovery. Zah and I have been there- you can do it!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am up to the Challenge, Karen! Lots of people deserve lots of things; Cancer doesn't make us more worthy than anyone else . But as Women, as Nurturers, as Kindred Spirits, and yes, added to that, as SURVIVORS~ a day off for hedonistic pursuits is in order. I will report back! Reggie and I did go to a golf tournament today and watched Tiger Woods play...I could have been doing laundry! I hope I am off to a good start!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • ladybluepgh
    ladybluepgh Member Posts: 76
    I got my christmas present early...his name is Trent Milo and he arrived on dec.11...6lb 12oz bundle of joy..I got to go in the delivery room and watch the birth...what a blessing God as bestowed upon us...our new baby is one of the miracles of christmas...
  • newboobs

I got my christmas present early...his name is Trent Milo and he arrived on dec.11...6lb 12oz bundle of joy..I got to go in the delivery room and watch the birth...what a blessing God as bestowed upon us...our new baby is one of the miracles of christmas...

Congrats on that new baby lady!! If you're at the hospital and they have any extras, I'll take one!

Hope you enjoy him this Holiday! We need pictures..

I've decided that for my "Challenge" I am going to rearrange my home office to create more space for hand weights, etc. My treadmill is crammed in the corner -- not very inviting LOL

I will get a facial and buy some new black shoes too :-)
  • coug90
    coug90 Member Posts: 59
    I don't know if this is great but... I finally stuck to my guns with my family and even when I felt guilty about it, I didn't call and back track. Does that count?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    coug90 said:

I don't know if this is great but... I finally stuck to my guns with my family and even when I felt guilty about it, I didn't call and back track. Does that count?

I dunno Coug~ did I miss something? It wouldn't be the first time! What are you talking about? Guilt? Call? Back Track? I don't need details, of course, but if this is something you need to do to feel good and healthy, you have my blessing. As long as the bridge you are walking on doesn't get burned~ya never know when you might want to cross it again.
    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • ladybluepgh
    ladybluepgh Member Posts: 76
    newboobs said:

Congrats on that new baby lady!! If you're at the hospital and they have any extras, I'll take one!

Hope you enjoy him this Holiday! We need pictures..

I've decided that for my "Challenge" I am going to rearrange my home office to create more space for hand weights, etc. My treadmill is crammed in the corner -- not very inviting LOL

I will get a facial and buy some new black shoes too :-)

ty new...but sorry..its first come..first serve..no extras there..lol...merry christmas to all