The next test

Options
floridajo
floridajo Member Posts: 480
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello ladies, today I'm again asking for some of your prayers,I know we have some very strong prayer warriors on here.

Today I'm having a ultrasound guided paracentisis to get a sample of the fluid in my belly, then I have to wait another 5 days for the results. My Onc did acknowledge the hot spot found by the Pet scan, so I'm not sure if this is just another test to confirm another recurrence or not. It's hard to live with so many questions going around in my head, but I pray for strength,and keep busy!! I know that worry will not help anything!! So I've been having alot of fun shopping, driving around to see some seasonal lights, for the most part it works, but at night, when I'm alone....I get scared.
Thanks in advance for the prayers, ladies..(((hugz))) to you all...Joanne

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'll be praying for you until you post again.
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Joanne
    You are in my prayers!
    Jami
  • You are definatly in my prayers!!!
  • Keelie
    Keelie Member Posts: 97
    Options
    unknown said:

You are definatly in my prayers!!!

Joanne, you're in my thoughts and prayers too!!! I'm going thru a "scary" time also, so understand what you mean by "when I'm alone." It sure helps to have diversions. I wish you didn't have to wait 5 days for the results. The waiting is nightmarish, isn't it? I thought you were still on chemo, yes, no? Try to stay strong and positive! My love, prayers, and hugs, MM
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    You will be held closely in my prayers until we hear from you in the next post. You are doing all the right things - but the being alone with your thoughts has to be the worst - isn't it? Hang in there and know we are all rooting for you. Kris
  • lizper
    lizper Member Posts: 199
    Options
    Joanne, don´t be scared, the Lord is with you and he works in misterious ways. I am a prayer warrior and my prayers go out to you. Enjoy these days and stay calm.
  • aussie59
    aussie59 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Joanne, You are in my prayers. I know what you are going through as I have had a very difficulty last four weeks. I was told that I had renal failure I needed stents to be inserted so as my kidneys would work again. I was advised by four urologists that the procedure was technically impossible which left me in complete despair. I did not accept this flew south to Melbourne the first urologist I saw there said it can be done and they put me in hospital and did my procedure the next day. I am now well and
    truly on the mend and my kidney function have been saved. No matter how grim things look at the time think positive and never give up there is every chance you will win. I think that having retail therapy is a very good idea. Irene.
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Joanne, you are definitely in my prayers. I say little popcorn prayers through out the day and today will dedicate them to you. May the peace of the Lord fill you and carry you through.

Hugs N Prayers Bonnie
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of prayer warriors! Don't feel bad for how down you may get at times - we all need to allow ourselves that. It's all a part of the process. And then, as you said, keeping busy, staying focused and NOT worrying is the best thing you can do for yourself. Worrying won't change a thing. But it can be very defeating if you need to face another challenge. Keeping strong, keeping the faith will keep you ready for anything, and give you the strength to accomplish whatever may come.
    Luv, hugs and PRAYERS~
    Monika
  • floridajo
    Options
    Keelie said:

Joanne, you're in my thoughts and prayers too!!! I'm going thru a "scary" time also, so understand what you mean by "when I'm alone." It sure helps to have diversions. I wish you didn't have to wait 5 days for the results. The waiting is nightmarish, isn't it? I thought you were still on chemo, yes, no? Try to stay strong and positive! My love, prayers, and hugs, MM

Keelie,
    They stopped the Gemzar in June because I began to go into congestive heart failure from side effects of the chemo and steriods. So after a 10 week vacation I went back to see the Onc, and had a ct scan, which showed possible new metatastic implants, but due to all the fluid I was carrying they couldn't see it clearly. So then they did a PET scan, which showed a hot spot around the liver area. So now they have done a fluid drain, and that's where we are right now, waiting on those results...Thanks for the prayers.((((hugz)))..Joanne
  • floridajo
    Options
    To Keelie,Saundra,Jamilou,Jennarose87,Keelie,lizper,aussie59,BonnieR and Mopar......

Thanks for all the prayers ladies. My sister went with me,and as strong as she tried to be I know she was freaking out a bit. Especially since I really didn't have a distended tummy, my oncologist thought they would have a problem even getting the fluid, and the radiologist who did the procedure was also very surprised. They drained 825 cc's off me. I filled up almost 2 whole bottles. My poor sister just kept saying "OMG,,OMG..patting my hand, but I could tell she was scared. So I did make it through, and now we wait another 5-7 days for the results...more waiting...There is one good thing though I lost alittle more weight!!!Since Nov.18th til now I have lost 10 lbs. Not bad. Anyway..I love you all and can'not ever thank you all enough for you support, and prayers. (((hugz))) to you all...Joanne