stomach pain

ELIZABETH19
ELIZABETH19 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Stomach Cancer #1
has anyone experinced a lot of cramping and pain in their stomach due to cancer? My husband has severe pain in his stomach and we don't know if this from the cancer or from something else that could be causing pain, he is on strong pain meds but nothing seems to work for him very much, can anyone give us some suggetions? Elizabeth

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Hello,

You may want to contact the American Cancer Society's National Cancer Information Cnter for information on your husband's pain. They can be reached 24 hours a day at 1-800-227-2345.

Take care and be well,

Dana
    CSN Dana
  • mytia
    mytia Member Posts: 1
    I'm sorry about your husband's pain. My father has Stage IV stomach cancer, metastized to the liver. He initially suffered severe sharp pain in his stomach (requiring ER visits). The doctors said it was from his liver. He treated with an acupuncturist and had relief for several weeks. Otherwise, he is forced to take pain meds (trial and error with different types). Sometimes raising his arms above his head relieves his pain, which we don't understand. And eating five small meals per day rather than three large ones also seems to help. It is a confusing and frustrating situation, but keeping a pain diary helps his medical providers to treat him.
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Please take a look here:

http://tinyurl.com/2lhrx2