Chemo side effects

cahalstead
cahalstead Member Posts: 118
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I'm 2 mos post chemo. I'm still having trouble with nausea and heartburn. I asked my dr. about it, he said it can't be the chemo. His nurse seems to always have the opposite view from my dr. She says to me, you can have side effects for 6 mos to a year. I can't believe this could be from the chemo.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Char

Comments

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Hi Char,

I hate to disillusion you, but I am 9 mos post chemo and still dealing with side effects like neuropathy and bone pain. However, I did not have lingering nausea or heartburn. I still had funny tastes in my mouth that made me nauseated periodically until I was 3 mos out. Have you checked to see if you have thrush in your mouth? This can cause really bad tastes and make you nauseated. I don't know about the heartburn, however. I think you should see a GI about it.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I agree with Kirsten...time to talk to someone else....On both treatment rounds (colon and breast), it was only days after treatment that my nausea stopped....have it checked out....did you drink your water during????

Hugs, kathi
  • wendy_21
    wendy_21 Member Posts: 30
    I am 18 months post Folfox and 12 months post avastin only (As part of a trial). I still have issues with heartburn that started during round 6 of Folfox. Onc. scheduled an endoscopy as well as a colonoscopy this year. She definitely said the heartburn was from the chemo. -- Tests should no erosions or other problems, but I am on daily nexium to control it.
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    HI, I had Adencarcinoma of the Cervix 11 years ago. I did alternatives ONLY because someONE I met, told me of such a direction. I have learned alot over the 11 years. I beleive the Chemo is very ruff on the immune system and makes the bodies PH out of balance. I have a webpage with what I understand important things to focus on. I have more directions but felt it is more important to get people the basic info. for them to understand and then if people want to know more of what I did and AM doing now. I Am happy to tell you other positive choices for supporting the bodies immune system.
  • rheasgirl
    rheasgirl Member Posts: 7
    wendy_21 said:

I am 18 months post Folfox and 12 months post avastin only (As part of a trial). I still have issues with heartburn that started during round 6 of Folfox. Onc. scheduled an endoscopy as well as a colonoscopy this year. She definitely said the heartburn was from the chemo. -- Tests should no erosions or other problems, but I am on daily nexium to control it.

Hi Wendy...my sister is 3 weeks into folfox and avastin(she is in a trial too)...she is very nauseated and high blood pressure...you made it through...she is afraid she will have to be taken off the avastin....how was your 6 months of treatment...also she has such trouble trying to get her needed amount of lukewarm water