Neuprogen injections

madhat62
madhat62 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I now need to take injections of neuprogen(? sp) to boost my white blood cell count so I can continue with Folfax. Now in the middle of treatment 4. What can I expect from this as I have yet to get the prescription filled - another pain in the **s! Thank you in advance for any input.

Comments

• NanD
    NanD Member Posts: 58
    It's no big deal-you get to use the tiny little needles like diabetics. I gave the shots to myself and it barely stung. It really boosted the counts and kept me on schedule with the chemo. This is really nothing compared to everything else you've already done.
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Tom, best of luck with the shots. I can't help you with that but I can say that many of us have dealt with different side effects on that chemo regiment. best of luck.
    Mark.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    It can cause a knot at the injection site, and a few people talk about a bit of a rush after it's been injected. I had this for my colon cancer, then had Neulasta for the breast cancer (HATED this stuff....all sorts of sides...BEGGED for Neupogen....lol).

It did what it was supposed to, shot my white counts up very well. I only pushed back a week on one treatment...

Hugs, kathi

BTW, still haven't heard from my guy on the other question...he has been away. But I keep trying.
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    I had no side effects while taking the neuprogen however once I was NED and didn't take the shots any more my body hurt in every joint for about 3 weeks.
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    HI! I AM the "any input". I truely beleive in applying the phase....if what I AM doing is not working, then it is time to make "GOOD and POSITIVE CHANGES". I had Adenocarcinoma 11 years ago. I have a webpage with basic info. that I applyed to the way I did things and what I beleive to be the truth. I AM happy to share directions that you can do your homework and and decide what might be supportive to you.
  • madhat62
    madhat62 Member Posts: 12
    KathiM said:

It can cause a knot at the injection site, and a few people talk about a bit of a rush after it's been injected. I had this for my colon cancer, then had Neulasta for the breast cancer (HATED this stuff....all sorts of sides...BEGGED for Neupogen....lol).

It did what it was supposed to, shot my white counts up very well. I only pushed back a week on one treatment...

Hugs, kathi

BTW, still haven't heard from my guy on the other question...he has been away. But I keep trying.

Kathi, thanks for the help. The first shot was today. I did opt for this to avoid delay. The doctor prescribed the drug but did not go into any other details. Thanks for the other question too.