Just Diagnosed

jcurt
jcurt Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
My mother started her treatment today. She will receive Cisplatin and Radiation 5 days this week. The 5-FU will be given via an infusion pump 24 hours a day for 7 days. Is anyone on this particular treatment? I don't know what next week plan will be, it's not stated in her chart yet. The nurse says that the doc will see how she is doing before he makes additions to her plan. I know the nurse mentioned Phenergan or Kytril for nausea. I hear that Kytril is better because it doesn't cause drowsiness. I also hear that it is very expensive. The only problem is if she can't tolerate anything on her stomach, the Phenergan suppositories may be better. I think we may get both if possible to be safe. If anyone has comments or suggestion on this treatment plan, I would greatly appreciate it. Blessings to you all and have a great day.

Comments

• tanseyj
    tanseyj Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2016 #2
    II had the pump twice in my 2

II had the pump twice in my 2 treatments of about 3/1/2 monthseach. I also had 28 radiation treatments. I had virtually no effects from either that bothered me very much. My hair thinned, dry heaves a few times, bit tired at times? Read through my webpage here to see how I made out? I am now cancer free? Could not eat or even sip water for almost 2 years. Had operation to remove esophagus on March 16th 2016 after being refused a year earlier for a spot under my armpit that was malignant? The webpage was from my Facebook friends that insisted that I update almost every day. They say it helped relatives and friends to read about my experiences. Not just about cancer as you will see if you read it? Lot's of pics anecdotes facts, etc! Be opimistic and treat life with a little humor! My motto from the start: 'Cancer is not a Death Sentence...It is a Will to Live!'! Intereste in comments about my webpage!

http://thetanseys.webs.com/Cancer Update.htm