Update

aussie59
aussie59 Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

I have been away for a few weeks and on my return I have been advised that I do not meet the criteria for the Amgen Clinical Trials because I have received more than 3 previous regimens of anti-cancer chemo. Accordingly I hope to commence doxil next week in the hope it can reduce my ca125 sufficiently to be able to get me into another trial by Engeneic. They have advised me that I have been accepted and they hope to commence human trials in Dec.

Does anyone know how many times you can have doxil as I already had 6 treatments back in 2003 and I had a very good response then and it gave me over 12 months remission. IRENE

Comments

• floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Hi Aussie,
    Sorry to hear that you couldn't start the trial you wanted, but at least you can start the other. I believe that since it's been almost 4 years since you've had the Doxil, they could use it again. They should do an echo-cardiogram to get a baseline on your heart before they begin again. Doxil worked for me as well it gave me 13 months of remission, and the worse side effect I had was a very itchy rash....good luck and please keep us posted..(((hugz)))...Joanne
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    Hi, Aussie,
    I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about Doxil; but I want to send good thoughts & wishes your way.

Take care,
    ~Susan