About this battle

Options
2»

Comments

• shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    mich1968 said:

Hi, I am mbmeder67 or (michelle) that just posted about the cooking spices (READ IT). I just had my 39th b-day on oct 6, I found out I had stage 3 at 37. I just finished 8 months of 50 hours every 2 week of 5FU the first of may this year. Now that it is Oct I feel like my body is going backwards. Beat up, slowing down. Just remember try to eat as many proteins as you can, keeps up the systems, and remember no matter how bad you feel, if you woke up today, IT HAS TO BE A GOOD DAY. We all have the hard days, and our private moments, and thats ok, if we didn't we would loose our minds. But don't ever let it beat you, if you find yourself somewhere that makes you unhappy, or makes you think of the pickle your in then move, get up and go somewhere else, keep yourself in places where you don't have to think so hard. I hope this helps, even a little. Michelle

Wow, thanks Michelle, although somewhat unrelated, I am a Stage IV survivor and I have been so fortunate to be NED, but some reason I have gotten down in the dumps this summer over work. My boss is not encouraging me. She keeps insinuating that I have a problem getting along with people, when actually it is my co-worker who is the problem. She does not see this and it has really been getting me down. I know in my heart that it is trivial, especially compared to what I have been through. Your words really helped me today! Thank you. I will "move", get up and go somewhere else, where I don't have to hink so hard.
    Thanks,
    Susan H.
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I was feeling just like this last night...I was nauseaus( I'm sure I misspelled it ) pain every where, headache) and all because of my CT today...I am a little better know because there's nothing I can do until I get the results...I really don't know if I will ever feel save, but I know I do have much better days.....We will be ok...
  • vman1300
    vman1300 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Christele,

As a reletave newbie, DX 8-14-07, stage IV w/mets to my liver, I have felt every single emotion the human body can feel for the last 2 months.

This has been a roller coaster, with amazing highs and yes the lows. Finding this site was such a blessing, it has helped keep my sanity along with a frying pan upside my head from my wife from time to time.

It is in the human nature to sometimes look at the negative....there are times that it seems that is all I can focus on.

When that happens, I take a step back, pick myself back up and BELIEVE with all my might that this is not gonna keep me down.

With my faith in God, I know he will bring me throught this trial. I continue to look at this as just another chapter in my young(36)life.....

Believe,

Kevin
  • christeleb
    christeleb Member Posts: 60
    Options
    jsaun74 said:

What made you get checked at such a young age. My dad was just dx in May with stage 3. When I went to my Dr. he is not concerned with us kids being checked before the age 40. I'm 32. & it scared the crap out of me. Did you have signs before hand that made you go to the Dr??

Dear jsaun74,

you can read my story on my webpage (search for christeleb), but to make a long story short, here it is:

My mom died of colon cancer in 1998 at 48. About 4 years ago I asked my family doc to get a colonoscopy. She said I was too young.....then it's April 2007 and I felt a pulse in my chest. I had an ultrasound that spotted the liver mets and the rest is history (the pulse disappeared, like my body was giving me a sign that something was wrong). I had NO symptoms. Obviously besides the tumors the cancer had not done any other damage yet.
    The only way to be sure is to get a colonoscopy. That's what you need to do, and if you have siblings I would tell them the same thing. My brother had one and he's fine. I also had some genetic testing done, so far no gene has been identified.

Do not listen to you doc, go get your colonoscopy ASAP!

Take care,

Christele
  • christeleb
    christeleb Member Posts: 60
    Options
    barbc said:

Thanks, Christele, for being so honest about your feelings in your post. And glad to hear you are doing better!
    I too have had a tough time staying positive, and all these great replies really helped me too! So thanks again for posting!

Barb

Dear Barb,

you're very welcome. I know I'm not the only one with these feelings, so it makes me feel good to know that I can help others by posting my "issues" on this website.

Christele