NED...really!

Options
apache4
apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all. Went to onc. today and I am NED...he said that this is rare with Stage IV and so many liver mets, but the PET scan can't lie! He said that he would have to say I was in remission since there is no cancer anywhere. So, I don't have that one met the nurse told me about (she goofed). He will order CT scans every three months along with monthly blood work along with the port flush. If it comes back, I will kick it's you know what again! Thanks for all the support I have gotten here. There is truly hope.

Comments

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is so terrific. Celebrate and God Bless.
    Happy Naked Dancing!
    Diane
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    WOW! That's AWESOME! Go out and break a board to celbrate!!

CONGRATS, apache!
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda - what absolutely great news! From too many to count all the way to NED - FANTASTIC! I knew you could do it! You give much hope to many of us!

Break a board!

Betsy
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Amazing news!!!! Go dancing, break a board, do it ALL! Monica
  • vman1300
    vman1300 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    WOO HOO!

Awsome news.

How many mets did you have and what treatment?

Believe,

Kevin
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Great news Linda;
    Enjoy your cancer free life!
    Rob; in Vancouver
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    First of all....

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Your experience with the nurse is why I always tried to be patient and hear it from the doctor...right from the source (I also requested a copy of every result for my own use...lol)

GREAT news!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I know you must be ecstatic! This is the news of your life being handed back to you.
    Go forward and enjoy all the big as well as the little things, even the annoying ones.
    Jo Ann
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    vman1300 said:

WOO HOO!

Awsome news.

How many mets did you have and what treatment?

Believe,

Kevin

Hi! My mets were"too many to ccount" which did not sound very good! I did the 5-fu, oxaliplatin and Avastin for 16 rounds every two or three weeks. Dx in June of '06. I also had 18 inches of colon removed along with the tumor and it was down in the cecum area so I didn't have to have a "bag". Symptoms that sent me to the dr. were no energy which turned out to be profound anemia, bleeding found with ct scan and then a colonoscopy and the next day they did the surgery. I am 63 yr old female...should have gotten that colonoscopy years ago! Never look back...or it will drive someone crazy! I excercised with my Taekwondo right through the chemo and did a 5K run last spring. I live alone so had to keep going for my pets and myself..I think that helped. My best to you and your journey.
  • rmap59
    rmap59 Member Posts: 266
    Options
    apache4,
    oh my gosh! I am soooooooooooo happy for you. You are such an inspiration to me, to us all. Enjoy the freedom. Your friend, Robin
  • mrsriderman
    mrsriderman Member Posts: 48
    Options
    o my -- i am so happy for you
    as a stage 4 myself you give me hope

thank you lisa r
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great news!!! Thanks for sharing and giving hope to others! Stay well.

Hugs,

Kay