Dancing

Hanac
Hanac Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Someone sent this to me and I thought I'd share... it reminded me of you, KathiM!

There once was a woman who looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only three hairs left on her head. She said, "Well, I think I will braid my hair today". So she did; and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "Hmmmmm", she thought, "today I'm going to part my hair down the middle". So she did, and it was a wonderful day.

The next day she looked in the mirror and saw that she had only one hair on her head. "Well, today I'm going to wear a ponytail." And, she had a really fun day.

The next day when she looked in the mirror, she noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head and she exclaimed, "Hurray, I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. Break the rules and never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here LET'S DANCE!

Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly, and leave the rest to God. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. God bless.

Comments

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Puts it all in perspective. Thanks for sharing . God Bless.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Right on, hanac -

What lies behind you and what lies before you are tiny matters compared to what lies within you!
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cheers

- SB
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I LOVE your last statement!!!! Dancing in the rain!

I needed that today. My mom broke her hip, and is in a skilled nursing facility. Hans had a setback with his heart. My biggest computer client of 10 years is hiring someone inside to replace me....

I think I will go find some rain and dance!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    This is great Hanac. I hadn't heard the last part and I love it! Just copied it and SB's Emerson quote into my "attitude" folder.

I saw this on Good Morning America this morning and it was partially about keeping a journal on the things we are thankful for. We have a lot of those and it helps to remember that life is not all bad. Lots of good out there.

'Thank You Power: Making the Science of Gratitude Work for You ' Is Deborah Norville's New Book.
    Jo Ann
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    It's not what we have, it's what we give.
  • mrsriderman
    mrsriderman Member Posts: 48
    i love this
    i am dancining in the rain with all surviors

lisa