Neuropathy

mccarty
mccarty Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Well, I tried the vitamin B-6, and it has helped the cramps in my toes. I still have the numbness, and that affects my balance which is especially bad in the mornings. Thanks to all who suggested the B-6.

Comments

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    So glad to hear you've had luck with the B-6. So did I. Are you still on chemo? The numbness will begin to subside after you are done with chemo. It just takes a while. And most people notice that the pain of neuropathy also diminishes. So, hang in there! Glad to hear from you again! Keep in touch.
    Hugs and Prayers,
    Monika
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Try L-glutamine with the b vitamins. I know this helped me alot as I had nueropathy all the way up both of my legs. Monika is correct about once being off chemo it does get better but it takes a long time. Hang in there.

Prayers n Hugs Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Ditto to BonnieR's advice. These vitamins have stopped progression in my neuropathy. Still in chemo so I don't know when mine will subside or go away. I too, have balance problems mainly after being in bed or sittin a long time (car trips). I am walking each day except when chemo sickness is in effect. That helps with the muscle tone.