A small celebration...

melney
melney Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, all. Today marks 6 months as a survivor! While that's not nearly as long as many of you, I'll celebrate this life every chance I get.

Thanks for all the encouragement I get here. It's a blessing to see all the support given, even though we don't know each other in our everyday lives.

Hugs to all! Here's to many more celebrations!

-Melanie

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • pmillr2000
    pmillr2000 Member Posts: 26
    6 months is a blessing! The 19th of this month will be one year for me (from the date of mastectomy). Personally, I celebrate every day!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Congratulations! I am half way to your "age"...Diagnosed in May 2007, not dead yet! Enjoy your celebration!

seof
  • melney
    melney Member Posts: 9
    I count myself very fortunate, indeed. Not having to undergo chemo or radiation... I realize I came away much lighter than many of my sisters. Each story is different, I know, but I'm glad we can all celebrate together, no matter what!
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    WOOO HOOOO....... YIPEE.......

Let me join the Happy Naked Line Dance.....

Many More Celebrations just down the road for all of us.

Susan
  • KathiM

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

What a grand accomplishment!!!!

Any victory, no matter how big or small, is a victory against the beast!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM said:

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

What a grand accomplishment!!!!

Any victory, no matter how big or small, is a victory against the beast!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Hugs, Kathi

OK, chemo brain...lol....already danced...can't control it...much too big a celebration...please send money to support finding help for me...rofl!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • LindaR48
    LindaR48 Member Posts: 26
    I'm a month behind you. I'll be happy to join the celebration
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    6 hours, 6 days....all good to be alive! Remember the day you were diagnosed? Your fear, perhaps wanting to faint, maybe even thinking you have just heard your "death sentence"? And now 6 MONTHS???? Heck yeah it's a celebration!!!!! We are all in this sisterhood together~~we rejoice in every minute and encourage each other with every triumph. And whereas you mentioned your Survivor time is not as long as some, did you notice that others are still "behind" you, time-wise? We do celebrate it all! Hooray Sister!!!
    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • coug90
    coug90 Member Posts: 59
    Every day is a milestone after you've been diagnosed! Congratulations! Keep smiling! :)