Update on My Mom

kathie687
kathie687 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi All. I have been meaning to update you on my mom Kathie for awhile now, but things changed suddenly so I am just now having time now. Mom had been feeling pretty poorly for a few weeks now and this past Thursday was admitted to the hospital due to severe vomitting. They got her feeling better and then Friday her blood pressure dropped and she went into cardiac arrest. She scared us all, but to the amazement of all of her doctors she pulled through and is still with us today. She remains in the critical care unit, but she now has her breathing tube out and is smiling and talking and bossing everyone around! She is such a strong woman and has really amazed everyone. They anticipate keeping her in critical care for a few more days and then moving her to a normal room and then we will just go from there and determine if and when we might continue to treatments to fight the cancer. I know how much all of you mean to her and we appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you updated as she progresses. Rebekah

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Isaiah 40:29 He strengthens those who are weak and tired. You got that strength, Kathie. We are praying that your progress will be rapid and you will be feeling better soon.
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Rebekah,
    Please tell your Mom I'm saying lot's of prayers for a rapid recovery and pray that she'll get strong enough again to fight the cancer. Thank you for the update, I will also say prayers for you and your family for strength during this difficult time. (((hugz)))Joanne
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Rebekah, thank you for the update, it really means a lot to each of us. We are a family here and worry about others when we don't hear from them.

Kathy, I am so sorry you are having to deal with complications on top of the ovca. I know you are strong and have great faith and God will carry you through. Remember, also lean on your loved ones as they have the strength you and the Lord have instilled in them also.

I will be watching for the post "She is Home"

Sending lots of prayers N hugs your way.

Love ya BonnieRose

Psalm 94: 18-19 When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Rebeak:
    Please add my prayers to the list of all the wonderful ladies who have posted before me. Yes, your Mom is strong and reslient! And so are you! Thank you for keeping us up-to-date. And, as Bonnie says, we will be waiting for the 'She's Home' posting.
    Strength, and love to you and your Mom!
    Monika
  • kathie687
    kathie687 Member Posts: 41
    Hi everyone...I wanted to give you a good update on my mom....we recieved her CA125 and it has been cut in half! She still remains very high overall and compared to everyone else who posts here, but this is a big decline and we are quite pleased. This has given her a lot of motivation to keep fighting to get strong enough to continue treatments. Keep the encouragement up with all of your prayers...she appreciates them!
  • paula2
    paula2 Member Posts: 162
    kathie687 said:

Hi everyone...I wanted to give you a good update on my mom....we recieved her CA125 and it has been cut in half! She still remains very high overall and compared to everyone else who posts here, but this is a big decline and we are quite pleased. This has given her a lot of motivation to keep fighting to get strong enough to continue treatments. Keep the encouragement up with all of your prayers...she appreciates them!

Rebekah, Your Mom is amazing and so are you! Many prayers and good thoughts sending your way. Isn't this an incredible thing for her to rally and come back to you again. God bless you and your family.
    Paula2