To Paula2

lizper
lizper Member Posts: 199
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
25 PM EDT Re: New reccurance thoughts [reply]

Thank you for you positive thoughts on that last message. Thank the Lord for your six years I sure do hope my Mom lives as much. I was wondering what stage were you dx at the beginning?? Have you had many surgeries? Tks again for sharing, God bless. LIZ

Comments

• paula2
    paula2 Member Posts: 162
    Hi Liz, I'm a 111c, only the one surgery. Nobody would have thought I was sick at age 55, healthy and strong other than the giant malignant tumors growing within.
    I hope to be around awhile, too, but really have to focus on today. This day to day thing really changes and requires most of my energy to just do the routine stuff. It's done with a special love for life that maybe I didn't have before. An appreciation for all that's been given to me in the way of family and friends and the ability to be creative. I knit and crochet and am learning to quilt and I used to be a potter. I actually went to school in Mexico for awhile, in San Miguel de Allende, and had a chance to travel in your native land and love it dearly for it's beautiful people. Your Mom is lucky to have you pulling for her. The best thing you can do is love her today as if it were her last and appreciate every bit of extra time as it comes. Maybe it's hard for you to understand how in the moment we need to be, as survivors...and that's probably very normal. You are young and have a new baby and much of your life is ahead of you yet. I hope that you will not take me wrong when I say, love your Mama like there is no tomorrow, and leave the rest in God's hands. She will be perfectly safe.
    All the best to you and yours,
    Paula2