Off Arimidex on to Tamoxifen

Susan956
Susan956 Member Posts: 510
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey Ladies,,,

I am now off of all of the armitose inhibitors.... they all caused by feet and legs to swell badly. I tried all three of the vairations... but after taking them for about 1 1/2 years the swelling just got out of control I lost 4 pounds in one week. Just that much fluid was being retained.. So this week I will start trying to take Tamoxifen... Hopefully it will do the trick...

Take Care...

Susan

Comments

• Good luck Susan. I took Tamoxifen for seven years with no serious side effects although I did experience some depression. It has been over 21 years since my first diagnosis so a little depression was a small price to pay in the greater scheme of things. I wish the same (or better) results for you. God bless.
  • Skybuf
    Skybuf Member Posts: 143
    Let us know how the Tamoxifen works,,, I am interested in switching if the Oncologist says it's ok, not sure yet, appt in Sept and Oct. but this med is wicked for sure.....gads
    God bless and I sure hope it works for you!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I've been on Tamoxifen for over a year, because of my bone density troubles. I have very few side effects from it...an occasional hot flash...but, then, I'm an old lady, with very little estrogen anyway....sigh...well, at least I have my testosterone...Look out, guys!!!

Hugs, kathi