POWERFUL PRAYER TO ST THERESE

Options
toninasky
toninasky Member Posts: 102
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I TRUST HER INTERCESSION FOR ALL OF US.
O LITTLE THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS, PLEASE PICK FOR ME A ROSE FROM THE HEAVENLY GARDEN AND SEND IT TO ME WITH A MESSAGE OF LOVE. O LITTLE FLOWER OF JESUS, ASK GOD TODAY TO GRANT THE FAVORS I NOW PLACE WITH CONFIDENCE IN YOUR HANDS:
PLEASE GRANT US ALL HEALTH OF BODY AND PEACE OF MIND.
ST THERESE HELP ME TO ALWAYS BELIEVE AS YOU DID IN GOD'S GREAT LOVE FOR ME. AMEN.

BLESSINGS TO ALL / EXPECT A ROSE

Comments

• Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    I will add a Blessing to all as well...

Today in our worship service... the message was on Patience and how sometimes it is so hard for us to be patient.... but that

When we are patient we have to remember that God is working for our good and he has a plan... whether we understand it at the time or not ... for good in our lives...

God Bless... All

Susan
  • amelia
    amelia Member Posts: 56
    Options
    I have prayed this novena to St Therese on several occasions. It is to be followed with 5 our fathers, 5 hail Marys and 5 Holy ghost for 5 days and on the 5th day an extra set of 5, or something like that. It has never failed to send me a rose, ever. Once I found a rose along side the road while riding my bike. It was completly wilted and it had been one of those extremly hot days. I took it home and cut the stem under water and it turned into the most beautiful rose I have ever seen. That is just one of the many I have received after this prayer. They come in many forms including cards. The prayer that I have asked for did not always happen, but the rose did, so I know in my heart of hearts, she heard me. I guess that prayer was not meant to go my way at that time. This I believe with all my heart. God's will is God's will. That's the faith part in religion. ;-) God bless each and every one of us, with and without cancer!! Have a wonderful day.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I have Buddhist Friends, Agnostic friends, Athiest friends, New Age friends,but mostly Native American friends whose belief system has little in common with "tradtional" Bible-based Christian prayers. They of course have been successful in fighting and winning the cancer battle as well! I personally know of a woman who never prayed once, not before her surgery, nor during chemo or radiation, and is almost 5 years cancer free. Everyone deals with illness in his or her own way. My own father in law BLAMED God for his illness, and there was no convincing him that prayer would have helped at all.
    As long as the end result is a clean conscience, coupled with a clean bill of health, or at least a peaceful relationship with the treatment and its probable outcome~none of us can ask much more than that.
  • toninasky
    toninasky Member Posts: 102
    Options
    chenheart said:

I have Buddhist Friends, Agnostic friends, Athiest friends, New Age friends,but mostly Native American friends whose belief system has little in common with "tradtional" Bible-based Christian prayers. They of course have been successful in fighting and winning the cancer battle as well! I personally know of a woman who never prayed once, not before her surgery, nor during chemo or radiation, and is almost 5 years cancer free. Everyone deals with illness in his or her own way. My own father in law BLAMED God for his illness, and there was no convincing him that prayer would have helped at all.
    As long as the end result is a clean conscience, coupled with a clean bill of health, or at least a peaceful relationship with the treatment and its probable outcome~none of us can ask much more than that.

I truly had no intention of offending anyone when posting this prayer. It is my wish for all to be healthy, no matter thier faith or beliefs, and so in response to your response I say "Amen", and Peace Be With You.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    toninasky said:

I truly had no intention of offending anyone when posting this prayer. It is my wish for all to be healthy, no matter thier faith or beliefs, and so in response to your response I say "Amen", and Peace Be With You.

I know you were not intending to offend anyone~and I am not implying you were. I can see your heart and spirituality are in the right place! It is simply that I live among people who believe differently from you, and they get good medical care, emotional support, and are survivors too! I worry that some might think that if they do not pray or feel a certain way, their chances of survival are somehow lessened. As a spiritual person, I am quite certain you would not want to contribute to that emotion. I wish you good health and peace as well...from whatever source brings you comfort and hope.
  • amelia
    amelia Member Posts: 56
    Options
    chenheart- You are so right, whatever gets you through!!

For those who might think maybe because they did not pray, not to worry, I say a prayer for all cancer survivors every day, so they are covered. ;-)

I also believe that it is important to keep positive thoughts for a better outcome. But that doesn't mean if you don't, it won't. My mother wanted nothing more than to die of her cancer when my father died of his. She lived very well for three more years after they told her she had only 6 months.