So Glad to Hear From So Many of YOU

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Gracious, I'm overwhelmed. So happy that many of you do remember me, but then again, I can be very unforgetable :o) :o) :o) No Spongers, Bert remains a "no type" but he sure has learned how to move that mouse about. Also, unbelievably happy that so many of you are and continue to do well. Three cheers for us all....survivor and care giver alike!!!! Stacey, I don't think I'll be able to make your fabulous get together later this year. If all goes well, moving will be early to mid September and I'll have so much to do. Besides, we didn't do our annual trip to Europe this Spring to visit Bert's mom as we were getting our home ready to sell (or lease) and if we go anywhere this year, it will be to visit Bert's mom in October for her 80th birthday!!! I only wish that I could visit my mom, but I do...in my dreams....many, many times, and she's always so happy to see me :o) I promise not to stay away so long anymore. If I can help anyone who is going through this, especially from the care giver's point of view, I welcome the opportunity to do so. Cancer has opened a whole new world for me....support groups, ReLay for Life, donnations to American Cancer Society, becoming a good listener and really hearing what cancer patients have to say, but perhaps most of all, completely understanding what it means to receive a cancer diagnosis and the journey that lies ahead. Dear ones, take care and in the words of our famous governor of the great State of Kalifornia, "I'll be back." And yes, yes, yes, I most definitely wear my LiveStrong bracelet every single day, and I also have my mom's now. Bert and my son Michael do too. I also wear another bracelet, a blue one, that I got at USC/Norris for colon cancer. It says "ColonRectal Cancer....Preventable....Treatable....Beatable" and by golly, it sure as heck is!!!!! Hugs, Monika

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Have one of those blue bands, myself...

Sorry I missed your first post...so GREAT to hear from you!!!

My sister was recently dx'ed with the same cancer I had, so I have been busy 'lighting the way'...lol!

So glad to hear all is well...SpongeBob is on a ship somewhere, last I heard....Kangatoo is back, though...YEA!

Please keep us updated every once in a while!

Hugs, kathi
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Have one of those blue bands, myself...

Sorry I missed your first post...so GREAT to hear from you!!!

My sister was recently dx'ed with the same cancer I had, so I have been busy 'lighting the way'...lol!

So glad to hear all is well...SpongeBob is on a ship somewhere, last I heard....Kangatoo is back, though...YEA!

Please keep us updated every once in a while!

Hugs, kathi

Ross(((((((((Monika))))))))))))))Jen
    Yah feelin squashed yet gal? Great to hear from you....and as a matter of fact I bin awol fairly often too but hey, as long as we chime in we still remain family! Well at least I hope we do. Say hi to Bert for us(does he only use one finger typing like me?) Things good this way...still upside down and eating vegemite...lol!I'm trying to organise a motorcycle ride to raise money for cancer kids here. The last one I did we had to cancel because of 42 deg celc. temperatures(that's somewhere above 100F)
    I have my "livestrong" on too...reminds me of all you guys n gals. Also were given the blue one in Austin. Stay well and be safe Monika, Ross n Jen
    ps......I'm into my old bad sleeping habits...it is 3.15am and Jen's sleepin like a baby...tsk tsk!