First time I hear "curable" from a Dr.

alta29
alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi !
I went for a 2nd opinion today. Talked to an Onco/surgeon so he has experience doing this type of surgery (psoas muscle masses) Well...I have a smile on my face...He was just talking to me and asked me when I was Dx..I told him 2 1/2 years ago....he told me (like we know) that after 2 years we have a better much better chance of staying clear (liver & lungs). He told me that I should not be that worry about my lymph nodes...that this is probably a recurrance ...and that we could start thinking about looking at this disease as "curable" Weather is true or not...it's great to hear positive thinking from your Dr. your hopes go up and you keep on seeing a light at the end of the tunnel...The surgery is shedule to be in 2 weeks and he said that IT IS a mayor surgery because of the location....but he sound sooooo positive...I just want those babies out...I can deal with the pain..
God bless

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    That is GREAT news!! Hanging onto Hope is so key to survival. That, and feeling empowered with our choices and decisions.

I was told I was cured last fall after my 5-year tests and the word sounds so sweet! Grab it and hang on!

peace, emily
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    That is great news!!! I am so glad that you got a second opinion. I think that is so important. Sounds like this doc is determined to help you and believes that you can be cured. What a blessing that you found him. Good luck with the surgery. You will continue to be in my prayers.

-Lee-
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    So good to hear that the new doc is so positive. It does feel good when someone you trust is saying curable. Congrats that you are near the end of the tunnel. Sending good vibes that you everything goes well and you heal quickly.

Lisa f.
  • foxy
    foxy Member Posts: 188 Member
    Hi, I have been awol visiting my Daughter and family. She has just had our 2nd grandchild, a little sister for her big brother. We are all thrilled. I have not forgotten your request for my story again, and I will get onto it asap. The very best of luck with the upcoming surgery, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Virginia.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Hurray for 2nd opinions!!!
    Wishing you every blessing as you prepare for your next surgery.
    Rob
    A spring thought... "We have only begun to imagine the fullness of life. How could we tire of hope? So much is in the bud." Denise Levertov
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    That is really great news!! I'm so glad you have a doctor that is thinking positive. It is such a help when coping with this. Yes, of course it is curable, we knew that all along, right??!

Faith
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Good news. Wishing you the best and please keep us posted. God Bless.

Diane