20 year survivor celebration!

muppie
muppie Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just recently celebrated being a 20 year breast cancer survivor. I had a mastectomy 3 months before my wedding in 1987. I am now not only celebrating my survivorship - but also my 20th wedding anniversary. It is been a long road filled with recurrences and setbacks. I have had chemo, radiation, biopsies, and a lumpectomy. Right now I am only taking femara. The most important thing is that I am alive. I am so thankful for my wonderful doctors and the great care and treatment I have received. I am so thankful for my wonderful, supportive husband. I am so thankful for my life!
muppie

Comments

• cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    What an inspiration for us newbies! I understand that they are getting 20 year statistics now in Great Britain. I am looking forward to the day that 20 year survivor stories are the norm too!
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Yipee.... So nice to hear of such great success...

I hope we all will be able to say 20 years and counting... and then 40 years and counting...

Let us all join your celebration..

Take Care... God Bless.

Susan
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Congratulations, Muppie. What wonderful news.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    YEA Muppie! what a great double celebration! I have 17 yrs to go and I will make it!
    Doing the HaPpY SNOOPY dance ....w/ some twirls!
    Cindie
  • Muppie, that is so cooool...
    I am celebrating my 21st year of breast cancer survival this month.
    Like you I have had my ups an downs....my marriage did not survive the turmoil.....but all is good now and I thank God that you and I are here to celebrate together. Congrats!!!