Loss of A Friend

ireneingeorgia
ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I just wanted to pay my respects to my friend Laura Rodriguez who finally succumbed to cancer, starting with breast cancer I believe almost 15 years ago. Laura was a devoted mother of 2, foster care mother to many, and in the midst of everything had adopted a child who was hydrocephalic and was not supposed to live 2 years. The child is 18 now. Laura also lived with Lupus. She had the most wonderful sense of humor and was able to always shine in the face of adversity. Here's to you Laura, give them all you got in Heaven! I know you're watching the rest of us.
Love
Irene

Comments

• Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Irene,

Sounds like she was a great friend and mother... People like her always have a way of dealing with adversity with such grace that they teach everyone else many lessons...

Take Care...

Susan
  • newboobs
    newboobs Member Posts: 121
    Sorry for the loss of your friend, but WOW what a way to live a great life. It sounds like everyone around her was blessed by her. Prayers for her family and you.
  • ireneingeorgia
    ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
    newboobs said:

Sorry for the loss of your friend, but WOW what a way to live a great life. It sounds like everyone around her was blessed by her. Prayers for her family and you.

Thank you for your replies. She was a special, strong woman.
    Love
    Irene
  • doodles
    doodles Member Posts: 7
    Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm replying because I was also told I was hydrocephalic but I also have Spina Bifida. I had breast cancer 6 years ago. I lost a very dear friend to cancer also. I also have a 15 year old son. I can totally relate to your feelings.I am 41 years old and wasn't supposed to live past 3 days old. I also wasn't supposed to have a child or walkor talk or do anything that I am doing now.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Hey, I hope she can meet my Sister. My Sister was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 1998, died in 2003 at the age 45. Her favorite 2 sayings: from the outset she said, "I have cancer but I am not sick" when she lost her beautiful, hip-long blonde hair she donated it to "locks for Love" and told her 4 kids, "I am Mrs. Clean now". Her hair came back curly and dark brown. With her healthy physique and dark skin she looked like someone from the Bahamas. At her funeral her friends sang the Christian song, "I can only imagine" which asks about what what the singer might or might not be able to do in heaven..it is a very positive song of hope. My Sister sent me a vision of herself with long hair dancing on the beach. Maybe she is having a party with your friend. I think they are both strong women who would enjoy each other's company. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and just started chemotherapy today. Those who have gone before are great teachers of how to be cancer survivor. thanks for sharing.