RE: Reaction to chemo

curlee8661
curlee8661 Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Thank you all so much for your replies! You've all been very helpful. I whish sitting wasn't so uncomfortable for me, so I could spend more time by the computer chatting with you gals and reading up on all the cancer info out there. I came across an interesting site this morning (cancerguide.org) wich has uplifting as well as informative reading, especially regarding those nasty survival odds. You might want to check it out if you haven't already!

Thanks for all the suggestions regarding the Texotere! Unfortunately, my bp is on the low side normally, so I don't know if that would work, but I will ask my onchologist. You never know. A couple of you mentioned drinking enough fluids. Is 3 qts to a gallon enough, you think? That's about as much as I can get down. As far as my hair situation is concerned, I've already cut it short right after the first chemo, so there's not much left to fall out. I do look at my pillow every morning to see if it started yet, and as soon as it does I plan to have my hubby buzz it off for me. I suspect we'll both shed a tear or two over that one ... but it's only hair. Right? I know it's going to be emotional, but considering evrything else we're all facing, that's the least of it, I guess. I did do my hat, scarf and wig shopping already, so in theory anyway I'm "ready".

Saundra, I hope your fourth chemo went ok! And everyone else, I hope all is on the upswing for you! It's a bummer that we have to be here, but at least we're not doing this alone.

Hugs to all!
~Marianna~

Comments

• jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Marianna
    If you can keep up that great attitude for the next few months you will feel so much better. The hair, well it will grow back and sometimes better than what it was before! Remember if you start to feel down come back here for a pick up!
    Good luck and Hugs to you!
    Jami
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Dear Marianna, I ditto what Jami said. Great attitude makes a huge difference. But as humans we do bounce up and down and know we are here for both. Hugs Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Way to go, girl! my chemo went so-so. I had to have a shot to build up my RBC (aranesp) and am feeling sicker today than i usually do from the chemo this early so think that it's side effects are kicking in. Will take it hour by hour. Here is a saying that someone sent me Author Unknown that I paste on
    my computer to be a daily guide. If you can use it,feel free. " Sometimes the Lord calms the storm; and sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child." The wig site I have ordered two wigs from is: paula young.com. I have found them prompt, inexpensive and better than the one I got at the next to new shop. I'm going for different looks to amuse myself mainly.
    U keep up the swell attitude and we'll get thru this to a long remission soon.
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Atta girl Curlee!!! I like your attitude...it's only hair..since we are coming into the summer I would be looking at some doo rags, or scrafs, or something lite..because the wig looks good but it will be very itchy and hot in the summer, especially if your like me and had Hot flashes at the same time!!!! I got my doo rags at a Dollar store in all the colors for 1.00 each. Good luck..(((hugz)))..Joanne
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    floridajo said:

Atta girl Curlee!!! I like your attitude...it's only hair..since we are coming into the summer I would be looking at some doo rags, or scrafs, or something lite..because the wig looks good but it will be very itchy and hot in the summer, especially if your like me and had Hot flashes at the same time!!!! I got my doo rags at a Dollar store in all the colors for 1.00 each. Good luck..(((hugz)))..Joanne

Joanne is right...doo rags are great plus they keep the sweat from falling in your eyes! And you can add a cute little straw hat on top of it to make a stylish outfit! I never wore a wig, only scarves and hats. Good luck and have fun shopping.
    Jami