thinking about inplants after 10 years

Nikko
Nikko Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was fine with myself till after my husband died.Now I fell more subconscious of not having 2 like everyone eles. I say it does not bother me but it has for awhile. I have been seeing different people but everytime it gets to a serous state all that comes in my mind is what my husband use to tell me that "you are only half a woman and no man would ever what you". So I break off whatever is going on. I am really a stronge willed person but this is something that really bothers me and when I try to talk to my friends they say its all in my head and if the guys can not take me for who and what I am they are not worth it but most of it is in my mind and thats what I can not fix right now. Maybe someone that I do not know and does not know me can voice there opion on this.

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    A breast does not make you a woman! Read below. Going through breast cancer makes you a special person = whether you like it or not. And whether your husband likes it or not. I know that it is taboo to speak ill of the dead, but I think it was very cruel of your husband to say that - but he has passed on and so his cruel comments cannot be addressed. They must, however, be forgotten.

It is not too late for reconstruction if that is what you want for yourself. Don't do it to please anyone else. If it will make you feel more beautiful - go for it. Why don't you make an appointment with the plastic surgeon and find out all your options? Then you can make a decision.

If you decide to wear your scar as a badge of courage - do so proudly. I assume you tell your dates that you are a breast cancer survivor some time in the process. Part of that is to tell them you had one breast removed. That's it. If he is a keeper, it won't make any difference - other than caring even more. If it bothers him, dump him. He is too shallow to worry about.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    LesleyH said:

A breast does not make you a woman! Read below. Going through breast cancer makes you a special person = whether you like it or not. And whether your husband likes it or not. I know that it is taboo to speak ill of the dead, but I think it was very cruel of your husband to say that - but he has passed on and so his cruel comments cannot be addressed. They must, however, be forgotten.

It is not too late for reconstruction if that is what you want for yourself. Don't do it to please anyone else. If it will make you feel more beautiful - go for it. Why don't you make an appointment with the plastic surgeon and find out all your options? Then you can make a decision.

If you decide to wear your scar as a badge of courage - do so proudly. I assume you tell your dates that you are a breast cancer survivor some time in the process. Part of that is to tell them you had one breast removed. That's it. If he is a keeper, it won't make any difference - other than caring even more. If it bothers him, dump him. He is too shallow to worry about.

Hugs.

Lesley

So well stated! As my hubby has also said..Breasts do not make ALL of the woman...there is alot more to give from the inside and not the outside appearance.
    I am a '1' breaster too! and I wear it proud..I think hubby is more conscience of my unicorn look than me cuz he mentions(sometimes) where's your fake? hahahaha and I say it's in it's box!
    May I also mention...WE weren't even engaged when I started thru this hoopla of cancer and it's treatments...He still stayed with me and then MARRIED me.(poor guy)...hahaha
    Girl..do what you feel is right for you!
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    babs49242 said:

So well stated! As my hubby has also said..Breasts do not make ALL of the woman...there is alot more to give from the inside and not the outside appearance.
    I am a '1' breaster too! and I wear it proud..I think hubby is more conscience of my unicorn look than me cuz he mentions(sometimes) where's your fake? hahahaha and I say it's in it's box!
    May I also mention...WE weren't even engaged when I started thru this hoopla of cancer and it's treatments...He still stayed with me and then MARRIED me.(poor guy)...hahaha
    Girl..do what you feel is right for you!

I think he is the luckiest guy in the world! (Well, maybe my husband is the luckiest guy - at least I keep telling him that he is!)

Hugs.

Lesley
  • Hi Nikko,
    Congratulations on being 10 years out! I don't think it is strange at all that you are thinking about inplants. My sister-in-law just had inplants after being 15 years out. For her it was worth the trouble and discomfort. I am a bilateral mastectomy survivor and after five years out am starting to miss them. I would probably go through reconstruction, but my doctors tell me I am not a good candidate due to the amount of tissue they had to remove to get all the cancer. I say "go fo it" if it would please YOU!