Home from the hospital

kathie687
kathie687 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I finally got out of the hospital Saturday afternoon after 8 days. A couple of the days in the hospital were a little rough, but I am doing much better and seem to be in a recovery mode now. The surgery went ok, however they were not able to get all of the disease so I will be starting chemo again soon. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Kathie

Comments

• jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Kathie
    I am glad that you are home and on the road to recovery. Good luck with your chemo!
    Prayers and Hugs
    Jami
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Kathy, I was so glad to see you posting and in the recovery mode, that is awesome. I pray the chemo goes well and kicks what is left out. Prayers N Hugs Bonnie
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    So happy to hear from you, Kathy. Sounds like you are keeping your chin up and staying strong. Sending prayers and hugs your way!
    Monika
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Welcome home!!!! I'm glad your on the mend!!! I came out of surgery with disease still present, and they started me on chemo..I'm still here, and fighting..you will too....Stay as comfortable as possible and write when you feel better. I'm sending you a bouquet of white healing roses with teal baloons and streamers just for you....(((hugz))),,Joanne
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Praying you are better today than yesterday and not as good as tomorrow. Let us know when your chemo starts.
  • shortstuff
    shortstuff Member Posts: 79
    Glad to hear you're improving. When I had my initial surgery six years ago, I had a rough recovery also. Anytime they mess with your insides around the intestines, its rough but I'm still here six years later and I wish you all the luck in the world and that the chemo knocks the rest of the cancer out of you. You are in my prayers also. Be strong.
  • Keelie
    Keelie Member Posts: 97
    Hi Kathie, Isn't it great to get out of the hospital!!!!! Like Joanne, I, too, was sent home without the surgeons being able to get it all. But, the chemo did get it! Of course, so many of us have to deal with recurrence with this horrific disease as I am now doing now, but many on this board are still fighting years later! You can do it! Stay positive and keep hope alive....Hugs, MichaelaMarie