Inspirational saying.....

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Found this today on one of my sites....

When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: there will be something solid for you to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly. –Patrick Overton

I would only add, and give you kindred spirits to help you learn...

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    I think I have learned how to fly with kindred spirits. I loved Jonathan Livingstone Seagull when I was younger and I have reread it a couple of times lately. I have found my relationship with people has really shifted. I now see people as those who get it and those who don't. That is, those who can fly and those who cannot. I have drifted away from former friends. I think chemo changes you. It makes you stronger and wiser. And those who don't get it, just don't get it.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    LesleyH said:

I think I have learned how to fly with kindred spirits. I loved Jonathan Livingstone Seagull when I was younger and I have reread it a couple of times lately. I have found my relationship with people has really shifted. I now see people as those who get it and those who don't. That is, those who can fly and those who cannot. I have drifted away from former friends. I think chemo changes you. It makes you stronger and wiser. And those who don't get it, just don't get it.

Hugs.

Lesley

Yup, I have found that, too...

Hugs, kathi
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Kathi,
    Loved the saying... thanks for sharing...

Susan
  • msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Beautiful ,I too have found that cancer, chemo and treatments in general do change you, I also strayed away from former friends, because I now realize life is so precious and don,t want to be around those that don,t feel the same way. I know something spiritual happens to US who go through such as this cancer thing, so we can,t stay as we were, and when U survive as long as I have then I KNOW it is GOD and that I have something left to do and I know this is what IT IS (HELPING OTHERS ) get through ALSO. GOD BLESS U ALL. msphil