PET scan comming up

Options
Limey
Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
edited March 2014 in Gay Men Talk About Cancer #1
Hi all, I have another PET scan comming up on the 21st of this month and am a bit concerned. I have been having more pain than usual in my colon area and my hips, and I am wondering if there is growth. I am currently on Xeloda and will more than likely ask to stop for the summer as I have had more than enough of the side effects. so here is the problem. My partner of 19 years and I have 3 kids. one bio and two adopted. The first time and 2nd times I did chemo, My partner was 100% supportive. only positive thoughts and he went with me to EVERY chemo session. He has been a solid rock overall and I love him for his support. I can not imagine how tough this is.

This round of chemo he has been very stand offish with me. He did go with me to my last scan but not to any of the chemo appointments (I do infusions every 3 week). Telling me when I try to talk with him that he doesnt know what to say to me or what to do to help, I get the feeling he is just trying to disassociate himself from the situation. I have tried to talk with him and he just clams up. I think he is scared. Intimacy is a thing of the past right now and I am struggling with trying to get that back. I really miss having my friend and companion next to me. I have done therapy and it did help a bit. I am not able to convince my partner to go and talk with someone as he feels it is my deal so I am kinda stuck right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Mark