Arimidex or just menopause

Options
Fran1947
Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone experience painful intercourse caused by Arimidex, or is it just menopause in general? What can I do to alleviate it? I am using a lubrication, but it does not seem to do the trick.

Embarrased Fran

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Yes. I had a total hyster along with my resection for my first cancer...rectal.

Time helped, and let him pleasure you first....you will be more relaxed, and openings will be a bit bigger...(blush, never thought I would type this....)

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yes. I had a total hyster along with my resection for my first cancer...rectal.

Time helped, and let him pleasure you first....you will be more relaxed, and openings will be a bit bigger...(blush, never thought I would type this....)

Hugs, Kathi

PS. I am taking Tamoxifen.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks, Kathi! I appreciate your response - that was a hard question to ask.
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    I never had painful intercouse on Arimidex but I did have substantial problems with viganal dryness and tearing right after chemo. Replens was a life saver for me.

Take Care. God Bless...

Susan
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My gyn had to answer my million and one questions so your question doesn't bother me. He noted that no matter what's putting you into menopause, you should plan to use it or you will lose it. That area of the body not only gets drier after menapause but it also shrinks without regular stretching. He recommended replens or what lubricant that I preferred and to use lots of it on me and my partner. Different positions might help, like being on top so you have more control of things. (Okay, now I'm blushing!) But don't forget that when hormones are changing, we sometime fall prey to infections. You might want the gyn to check things out since that is one cause of pain that is easily treated. Good luck!