OMG..I got METS

Options
josiemac
josiemac Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone! Sorry to report my last onc appt didn't turn out quite so well. PET and CT revealed a large plural effusion as well as spots on the lung and rib. I had a thorocentisis (sp) and that relieved alot of the breathing but the real kicker is I gotta return to the land of chemo....o no!!! I was first dx in April 2005 (exactly 2 yrs ago). Did the whole chemo and rads the was sailing for 2 years. Now this!!! I cannot take 6 months off from work again like I did the first time. Has anyone worked through their recurrent chemo? I had AC/Taxotere the first time and there was NO way I could work through that. It was excrutiatingly difficult. I don't know what my treatment will be. I'll find out tomorrow. Please add me to your prayer lists. I've cried a river already.

Blessings to you all,
Josie

PS: I haven't told my sister yet. She's a 7 year survivor. She's gonna freak.

Comments

• Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Josie - I will definitely keep you in my prayers - I had CMF (Cytoxin, Methotroxate (sp?), and 5 FU) for my primary chemo, and was able to work through it, although certainly not at 100%. Please let me know how you are doing.

Shalom,

Fran
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Aw NUTS!
    Well, I don't know about the working completely...but I was AC, followed by T, infused on Wednesday, Thursday was very good, Friday morning was fine, Friday afternoon...I was starting to feel poorly...Saturday was goodnight Irene, Sunday was back to the living, Monday was back to work.
    Take care of yourself, and watch your labs...

And, yes, remember we here are family...we will get you thru this!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    I don't think I'm allowed to say the words I want to on the board. But please know I am sending you great love. I hate this disease so much. From what I have read, I think second chemo is usually not as bad as the first. All the best, Honey. Keep in touch.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Aw NUTS!
    Well, I don't know about the working completely...but I was AC, followed by T, infused on Wednesday, Thursday was very good, Friday morning was fine, Friday afternoon...I was starting to feel poorly...Saturday was goodnight Irene, Sunday was back to the living, Monday was back to work.
    Take care of yourself, and watch your labs...

And, yes, remember we here are family...we will get you thru this!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

PS....that was after 10 months earlier 8 rounds of Carboplatin and 5FU for rectal cancer...WHEW!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Fran1947
    Fran1947 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Josie,
    What did your oncologist recommend for your treatment plan? I have been praying for you, and we prayed for you at our healing service at church last night.

Hang in there!

Fran