edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me
I took his hand when I heard His call
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work, or play
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I've found that peace at the close of the day.

If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Ah, yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow
My life's been full I savored much
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don't lenghten it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me
God wanted me now, He set me FREE.

I love you Stephanie....

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Kathi, what a beautiful poem. I am so very sorry for your loss and cannot imagine the grief you must feel. I wish there was something we could do for you. My heart goes out to you.
    jan
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    KathiM,

How beautiful. Hope you are taking it as easy on yourself as possible.

Know that we are thinking about you.

Take Care... God Bless...

Susan
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Kathi, what a beautiful poem. I am so very sorry for your loss and cannot imagine the grief you must feel. I wish there was something we could do for you. My heart goes out to you.
    jan

Thank you, Jan. But, you see, you all DO do things for me....you are there to comfort when I need it....thank you.
    Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options
    Susan956 said:

KathiM,

How beautiful. Hope you are taking it as easy on yourself as possible.

Know that we are thinking about you.

Take Care... God Bless...

Susan

Thank you, Susan.
    Some days are worse than others...this was one of them. It is wonderful to know I can come and share here...such a loving place!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    Dearest Kathi,

Thank you for sharing the poem. I don't know what it is like to lose a child, but I share your grief for the loved ones that leave our lives. And even for the parts of ourselves that we have lost.

I find a great deal of comfort in literature. When my mother died of BC I was 18. I read I Heard an Owl Call My Name a number of times. Lately, as I walk, I have been listening to one of my favorite sets of books, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I spent some time in Botswana and really learned so much from the people there. The books really do capture much of the philosophy of the people.

Thinking of you.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • KathiM
    Options
    LesleyH said:

Dearest Kathi,

Thank you for sharing the poem. I don't know what it is like to lose a child, but I share your grief for the loved ones that leave our lives. And even for the parts of ourselves that we have lost.

I find a great deal of comfort in literature. When my mother died of BC I was 18. I read I Heard an Owl Call My Name a number of times. Lately, as I walk, I have been listening to one of my favorite sets of books, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I spent some time in Botswana and really learned so much from the people there. The books really do capture much of the philosophy of the people.

Thinking of you.

Hugs.

Lesley

Thank you, my dear friend!

I will find these books...are they in paperback? Most of the time, it's ok (well, tolerable anyway), but I am searching for ways to get me thru the tough spots.

Hugs, Kathi
  • toninasky
    toninasky Member Posts: 102
    Options
    SHE IS WITH YOU.
    BLESSINGS AND LOVE //TONI

TO MY DEAREST FAMILY, SOME THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY

First of all to let you know that I arrived okay. I am writing this from heaven where I dwell with God above. Where there are no tears or sadness, there is just eternal love. Please don't be unhappy just because I'm out of sight, remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night. That day I had to leave you, when my life on earth was through, God picked me up and hugged me and He said,"I welcome you. It's good to have you back again, you were missed while you were gone. For your dearest family, they will be here later on.
    I need you here so badly as part of my big plan, There's so much that we have to do to help our mortal man."
    Then God gave me a list of things he wished for me to do, And most on that list of mine is to watch and care for you.
    And I will be beside you every day and week and year, And when you're sad, I am standing there to wipe away the tears. And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight, God and I are closest to you, in the middle of the night.
    When I think of my life on earth and all those loving years, because you are only human they are bound to bring you some tears.
    Please don't be afraid to cry, it does relieve the pain, remember there would be no flowers unless there was some rain.
    I wish that I could tell you of all that God has planned, but if I were to tell you, you would not understand.
    But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is over, I am closer to you now than I ever was before.
    And to my very many friends, trust God knows what's best, I'm still not
    far away from you, I am just beyond the crest.
    There are rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb, but together we can do it, taking one day at a time.
    It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too, that as you give unto the world, so the world will give to you.
    If you can help somebody who is in sorrow or in pain, then you can say to God at night, "My day was not in vain."
    And now I am contented that my life it was worthwhile, knowing as I passed along the way, I made sombody smile.
    So if you meet somebody who is down and feeling low, just lend a hand to pick him up as on your way you go.
    When you are walking down the street and you've got me on your mind, I am walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.
    And when you feel that gentle breeze or he wind upon your face, that's me me giving you a great big hug or just a soft embrace.
    And when it's time for you to go from that body to be free, remember you're not going, you are coming here to me.
    And I will always love you from that land up above.
    We'll be in touch again soon.
    P.S. GOD SENDS HIS LOVE.
  • KimInBeirut
    KimInBeirut Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Kathi,
    I don't know where to start, so I'll just thank you for the poem first. As a five tour Iraq vet (who is also still attempting to call myself a cancer "survivor") you gave me something to share with my parents the next time I either go to my 6 month follow up, OR head into harm's way. I'm on my way to Afghanistan soon, and this is the perfect thing to leave with my family this time. I don't mean to be "political", but I every time I've deployed, I've begged/begged/begged my parents not to ever be a "Cindy Sheehan" if anything happened to me. I obviously don't want either cancer or the war to "take me God," but if either of them do, I'd like my family to know I loved, I laughed, I kissed, I played, I worked, I played...."my life's been full, I savored much." But, above all, the line that really "hit" me that I'd like to give to you and all who read these posts..."I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow." I think we should all make that our motto among the friends who read and share here......so, I will close with, "I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow."