Patricia

Options
krkath
krkath Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Ladies,
Just got a call from MD Anderson. I'm on the list to talk to any women who have gone through similiar side effects from chemo and Patricia from Michigan, I'm hoping will be able to log in and share her story.
She is 3 years out of chemo and having problems with her legs, as I am, and probably still having these problems from chemo.
Anyway, I hope she can write us. There is so much support on this site, I share it with everyone I can.
See my Onc. tomorrow. (Yikes) Almost at 2 years in June and still get so nervous.
HUGS to All of YOU,
Kathy R.

Comments

• karenack
    karenack Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Kathy, I'm sorry to say I missed your previous post about your current problems. I have chronic painful hip problems, knee issues, carpal tunnel and thumb tendonitis all from chemo. I had A/C and finished the first part of December '06. If it isn't too much trouble, could you tell me about your issues? The chemo really did a number on me.... Thanks, Karen
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    karenack said:

Kathy, I'm sorry to say I missed your previous post about your current problems. I have chronic painful hip problems, knee issues, carpal tunnel and thumb tendonitis all from chemo. I had A/C and finished the first part of December '06. If it isn't too much trouble, could you tell me about your issues? The chemo really did a number on me.... Thanks, Karen

Chemo was real nice to me too....wonder if I will ever get over the side effects...
    Cindie--GA
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    rads got me....shoulder sore enough to not sleep on....only and year past treament....hope for the best....

Hugs, Kathi
  • krkath
    krkath Member Posts: 72
    Options
    karenack said:

Hi Karen
    I had 6 infusions of Taxotere combined with Adriamycin and Cytoxan. All 3 drugs at each infusion. Took 3 hours and more. Then 37 treatments of rads.

I have for the longest time had a lot of trouble walking and climbing stairs. I have shrunk 2 inches to my aghast. I see my Onc. today.

My Primary (whom I saw last Thurs. 4/12 started me on Cymbalta. WELL, it worked GREAT....EXCEPT on the 4th day I began having pain in my liver area and woke on the 5th day throwing up.

Well, looked it up on WebMD and it is new and used for Fybromyalgia. FDA recently Warned of serious liver damage!

I thought WOW, maybe this very simliar to the way I feel. Gonna ask my Onc. if aggressive chemo can cause other illnesses, like Fybromyalgia. I know my Primary said it could cause Lymphoma. (Great!) And a Breast Cancer Liason at my Hospital said it could destroy your Throid.

I know the side effects are better than the other option. But, sometimes the pain is very wearing on our psyche and my mind goes to unpleasant places. I tell you sometimes I wonder if it will ever go away.

I know Kathi M. said a friend woke up one day after 4.5 years and the pain was just GONE. Someone else said the same thing about a women right @ 2 years. Just woke up and boom, pain gone. Wouldn't THAT be nice.

Still haven't talk to anyone who has had the combination of all 3 drugs and even my Primary was a little shocked.

Anyway back to upping my Neurontin (Gabepentin) 1800mg per day and my Percoset. (between 4 and 6 per day depending on my pain. Percoset)

Hang in There all you Wondeful Women.
    HUGS
    Kathy R.
  • Skybuf
    Skybuf Member Posts: 143
    Options
    krkath said:

Hi Karen
    I had 6 infusions of Taxotere combined with Adriamycin and Cytoxan. All 3 drugs at each infusion. Took 3 hours and more. Then 37 treatments of rads.

I have for the longest time had a lot of trouble walking and climbing stairs. I have shrunk 2 inches to my aghast. I see my Onc. today.

My Primary (whom I saw last Thurs. 4/12 started me on Cymbalta. WELL, it worked GREAT....EXCEPT on the 4th day I began having pain in my liver area and woke on the 5th day throwing up.

Well, looked it up on WebMD and it is new and used for Fybromyalgia. FDA recently Warned of serious liver damage!

I thought WOW, maybe this very simliar to the way I feel. Gonna ask my Onc. if aggressive chemo can cause other illnesses, like Fybromyalgia. I know my Primary said it could cause Lymphoma. (Great!) And a Breast Cancer Liason at my Hospital said it could destroy your Throid.

I know the side effects are better than the other option. But, sometimes the pain is very wearing on our psyche and my mind goes to unpleasant places. I tell you sometimes I wonder if it will ever go away.

I know Kathi M. said a friend woke up one day after 4.5 years and the pain was just GONE. Someone else said the same thing about a women right @ 2 years. Just woke up and boom, pain gone. Wouldn't THAT be nice.

Still haven't talk to anyone who has had the combination of all 3 drugs and even my Primary was a little shocked.

Anyway back to upping my Neurontin (Gabepentin) 1800mg per day and my Percoset. (between 4 and 6 per day depending on my pain. Percoset)

Hang in There all you Wondeful Women.
    HUGS
    Kathy R.

Hi Kathy
    I had the same treatment as you did, with taxol dripping for 5 hrs.....treatments after A/C...nasty stuff but worked I guess. I now have the foot problems, it did a number on my nerve ends....can't walk or do stairs well, I walk like I'm 90...mercy
    I too hope and pray this all goes 'away' in time....my OC told me it could be permanent, I didn't want to hear that!