Has anyone has Canadian Fractination?

daughter24
daughter24 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone had this new type of radiation? Does anyone know the difference between this type of radiation and the "norm"? I know it's shorter, time wise.

My mom is doing well. Going for consultations and waiting on her Oncha (spelling?) test results to find out if she needs chemo.

She is hormone responsive so she will definitely be taking some type of estrogen blocker and radiation.

Thank you all for being so kind. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers often.

Comments

24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Your mother a lucky woman to have a daughter like you supporting her all the way.
    I have had the shorter term higher dosage treatment since live in Canada and my cancer center had been doing. I have since heard that there hasn't been any huge benefit to it but probably in some cases is better. I was 36 at time of stage 3 diagnosis and didn't see that they treated others differently when doing radiation. Probably to cram more people through since cancer rates high here in Canada.
    Remember to take care of you,
    Tara
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Not heard of it, but I go see my onc on the 23rd...hummmm, from an attitude standpoint, the shorter treatment time, if the results are the same, sounds good to me.....I had the traditional rads....got a little tedious.

Hugs, kathi