Finished Tamoxifen

newboobs
newboobs Member Posts: 121
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finished TAM this week and boy do I have a headache. Has anyone here finished it? What can I expect?

Thanks

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Congratulations! Are you moving onto something else. Can't help with the ending. I still have another 2 months of it.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • JKAlley
    JKAlley Member Posts: 84
    LesleyH said:

Congratulations! Are you moving onto something else. Can't help with the ending. I still have another 2 months of it.

Hugs.

Lesley

Newboobs how are you??!! It's been ages. Brings back old times seeing your name. Can't help with the Tamoxifen thing, I never got to take it, but I wanted to say hi. Judy
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Hi! I was on Tamoxifen for 5 years . I finished that and immed. went on to Femara and after 8 mos, went to Aromasin. I had no issues once off the Tam. but have had multiple problems on the Femara then the Aromasin. I get headaches but think that's a side effect of the aromasin. Sorry I'm not much help. Have you spoken to your MD? Good luck. Let us know how you're doing. HUGS!!! Cathy
  • newboobs
    JKAlley said:

Newboobs how are you??!! It's been ages. Brings back old times seeing your name. Can't help with the Tamoxifen thing, I never got to take it, but I wanted to say hi. Judy

Howdy JK! Long time no chat- come see us sometime--- LIVE! I get my hormones ckd on 4/19 to see if we can FINALLY try to have a baby. If I'm menopausal, onc wants me to take femara for 5 yrs. So, I'm just coasting along, trying to give it to God daily....and NOT take it back from him. LOL

I have started having some weird hotflash moments and feel kinda moody....pray for those around me LOL
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Hey, my dear...how ARE you....

(Stupid question, Kathi...estatic is a good word...sigh)

I figure that after the Tamoxifen for 2 years, then one of the aromatase inhibitors for the remaining 3...I will just ride off into the drug/free, pill/free sunset!

But, remember, I am an old lady without a life (sex or otherwise..hehehehe...just kidding). No ovaries, so I wouldn't know what is going to happen....
    My nutshell description of the last 2 1/2 years....

I came with a colon, left with a semi-colon and lost my period. So are the punctuations of my life.

Hugs, and congrats!!!

Kathi
  • ireneingeorgia
    ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
    HEY NEW! Yeah for the end of the meds. I can't tell you what it's like to be finished with the pills, but if it's like other drugs there is probably a drug withdrawal symptom. Check with your doc. You know that's what you should do!

By the way, still trying to sell the house, keep your fingers crossed, someone coming out today.
    Love
    Irene
  • newboobs

HEY NEW! Yeah for the end of the meds. I can't tell you what it's like to be finished with the pills, but if it's like other drugs there is probably a drug withdrawal symptom. Check with your doc. You know that's what you should do!

By the way, still trying to sell the house, keep your fingers crossed, someone coming out today.
    Love
    Irene

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! *Takes a bow* Keep me posted Ireneyyy