Anyone have success with Taxotere with regards to bone mets?

prayerangel
prayerangel Member Posts: 147
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Starting Taxotere 3/5. 4th reccurence, but now in spine, hip & ribs. I know you lose your hair. I've already done that. Looking forward to a different wig this time around. Long & blondish, like my hair is now. At least you never have a bad hair day, eh?
Has the Taxotere been successful with anyone out there in shrinking tumors?
Thanks,
Karen

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    No experience with this,Karen. Just wishing it does. Hoping for the best for you. I know it's worked on others. Hope it works on you. I did read a study that showed that taxanes work better with tumeric - maybe you can ask your onc?

Hugs.

Lesley

Hugs.

Lesley
  • JUSTAWORD
    JUSTAWORD Member Posts: 18
    My prayers go out to you prayerangel, i am currently on taxotere for my breast cancer. I had 4 a/c and just started taxotere on feb 6 and going for my 2nd chemo on tues 2/27. i am not sure about shrinking tumors cuz mine were removed. I can only tell you myside effects, swollen tongue, anxious, wierd dreams, sleeplessness, food taste funny or not at all. but somewhere in the 2nd week after the chemo, i felt much better. but nothing that cant be managed or handled. although my nurse told me that the side effects i have were reported with a/c. so i think my body reacts funny to all this stuff. I am growing my hair back after the a/c but yup they said i would be losing my hair but not as fast as with the a/c. I dont know if any of this information will be helpful to you, but i have not heard to many people on taxotere. my doctor says its only been out there for 10 years. May God Bless and Watch over you in this time. Good luck with the new wig look. and i pray this does the trick for you.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi Prayerangel, I am new to this board (or any board) but wanted to share some info with you. I have just started taxotere as an adjuvant. I have no tumours to monitor. However, there seems
    to be alot of info concerning GLA (evening primrose oil or borage oil) in enhancing the cytotoxic effect of the taxanes. At least for the her2+ anyway. Also, I have found research info that suggests the omega 6's actually increase proliferation of cancer. GLA is an omega 6 but in a different form and I guess reacts differently.

I am taking the GLA in the form of evening primrose oil just in case. You can do a google search on this topic.

I hope this helps,

The best of luck to you,

jan
  • prayerangel
    prayerangel Member Posts: 147

Hi Prayerangel, I am new to this board (or any board) but wanted to share some info with you. I have just started taxotere as an adjuvant. I have no tumours to monitor. However, there seems
    to be alot of info concerning GLA (evening primrose oil or borage oil) in enhancing the cytotoxic effect of the taxanes. At least for the her2+ anyway. Also, I have found research info that suggests the omega 6's actually increase proliferation of cancer. GLA is an omega 6 but in a different form and I guess reacts differently.

I am taking the GLA in the form of evening primrose oil just in case. You can do a google search on this topic.

I hope this helps,

The best of luck to you,

jan

Thank you girls. I will do that research on Google. I appreciate you taking the time out to reply. God bless you also!
    Karen