Plasmacytoma

Macke
Macke Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Multiple Myeloma #1
I am 43 year male active duty Air Force member. On 2/5/07 I had a tumor removed from my C1 vertebra and was told I have Plasmacytoma. I am looking for anyone who has had a plasmacytoma, has dealt with being in the military and having cancer (my enlistment ends 10/07) looking for the best treatments or type of treatments and where you went for treatment. I currently live in Las Vegas but had my surgery at UCLA Medical Center-Santa Monica. Any information you could provide me would be very helpful, I am especially having difficulty finding out about my military career and benefits etc… Am I going to be retired before my treatments are completed and will I receive any disability benefits?

Thanks for reading this! LIVE STRONG!

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Hello,

I encourage you to do a search of the CSN website. You can do this by entering keywords in the search bar at the top of this page. You can enter words such as "plasmacytoma." If you find someone you would like to contact, you can do so through the CSN internal email system. For more information on all of the CSN functions, click on the "help" link at the top of this page.

You may also want to contact others on this discussion board in the same manner.

Best wishes on your treatment.

Take care and be well,

Dana
    CSN Dana
  • aquarianstar
    aquarianstar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Macke,

I also was diagnosed with a plasmacytoma a year ago. It was a tough road but I got through. I am a single mother working, taking classes at a local college and taking care of things I have been needing to do. I am at a better place now then ever. You will be too as long as you look forward. You will find a way.

Aquarianstar
  • Fortuno
    Fortuno Member Posts: 2
    I had plasma cytoma in 2001. My sitution increase to MM in 2003. But There is hope, I am part of it. Thanks for serving our country.