Neuropathy & B-12

Options
Susan956
Susan956 Member Posts: 510
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey All,
I have a question. I have neuropathy and I wonder what level of B-12 supplement would be appropriate. It has been about 1 year since I took Taxol... but I still have pins and needles in my toes.... So I was wondering if any of you take a supplement? Lesley.. I think you wrote something about it a while back but I couldn't find it.

Thanks all

Susan

Comments

• ireneingeorgia
    ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi! While I'm not Leslie, my doctor suggested a B6 complex vitamin which has helped me greatly. The only time it seems bad now is if I get really cold and those toes are first to numb. Hope it will help you.
    ireneincordova
  • LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    My sympathies Susan. I truly empathasize. This is the worst for me. Do you take a multi? If you don't that's OK. But if you do, you may need to adjust your dosage. I take one Vitamin B-50 in the morning and one in the evening. If I miss one, the pins and needles are so bad that I can't sleep. I found it really helps.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Thanks to both of you. I think I will get some B-50 this weekend since it looks like it has a combination of all B vitamins. This past weekend, I got some B-12 vitamins and have tried it but I expect that it will take a little while for it to build up in my body. The only thing I have noticed however, is that my night sweats are worse... So I will see which aggravation is worse.. Night sweats or tingling toes...

Oh well.... Got to laugh about it....

Have a Great Valentines all.

Take Care... God Bless...

Susan
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Susan~ I take vitamin B complex(amoung others) which seems to work well for me.
    Cindie
  • rgilliam8867
    rgilliam8867 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Most people aren't deficient in B12 unless you don't eat any meat (total vegan), or take a lot of antacids/stomach acid reducers. Or, if you've had the ilium resected (part of the small intestine). A B-complex vitamin is your best bet. I had the same from Taxotere, but it went away after a few months.

Rita