Chemopause

Options
ever1
ever1 Member Posts: 26
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
I finished chemo in July 05. The chemo caused Chemopause - which I assumed was permanent but much to my surprise, after a year and a half, my period is back. (at age 48) Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    Yes. It is not that uncommon. My oncologist told me about a patient at 49 fell pregnant because she thought she was in chemopause.

Hugs.

Lesley
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    LesleyH said:

Yes. It is not that uncommon. My oncologist told me about a patient at 49 fell pregnant because she thought she was in chemopause.

Hugs.

Lesley

Hi Ladies,

Yep - happened to me. I stopped getting periods during and after chemo. A year and two months after treatment, I got pregnant. What a surprise considering I thought at 36 I was in menopause and had been told by my onc that I would never have children. Since I hadn't had a period in a such a long time, when I started feeling very sick, I thought the cancer had metastisized -- I about fell over when I found out I was pregnant. The following year when I went for my yearly checkup with the onc, I brought my three month old daughter with me. He told me, "Well, showed me, didn't you?" :)