4th time having B/C...have questions...

Options
prayerangel
prayerangel Member Posts: 147
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all,
Had 2 mastectomies, 2 yrs. apart. Had A/C & Taxol chemo & radiation. 4 yrs. later, 3rd occurence, right in middle of my chest. Not attached to anything, had surgery and radiation. Now, 2 mos. later, I can feel it growing again. Don't want to do chemo, if it's offered, I see my oncologist in 2 days. I'm guessing I need an MRI to confirm this new growth. Surgery again? Thinking of removing my implants. I was on Tamoxifen for 4 yrs. and was taken off it, this summer, the 3rd recurrence.
Any advice, girls? I'm dealing with this alone right now, until I know for sure. I don't like to get "jazzed" up about something I'm not sure of. I need things in "black & white".
Thanks.
Prayerangel

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    Dear Angel,

I am so sorry that you are going through this again. It really does not play fair. You really are having to battle the beast. If surgery and radiation did not take care of it before, please consider more chemo. You will need it removed so I am sure more surgery is necessary but they can't do radiation in the same place again. Obviously the Tamoxifen wasn't helping. Are you on a different hormone medicine now? I'm sure the onc will tell you that the implants have nothing to do with it.

I will be thinking of you. When do you go back to the onc?

Hugs.

Lesley
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Dear PrayerAngel,

Just wanted to pass my thoughts and prayers your way. I know having to continue to fight the beast has got to be very difficult. Best of luck to you and let's hope that some of the new treatments will be easier on you.

((((((Hugs)))))))

Take care.... God Bless..

Susan