Just so you know

Options
24242 Member Posts: 1,398
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Friends,
Well I thought I would write and let you know that the past few days have been some of the toughest days I have had to face since my own diagnosis almost 10 years ago with this disease. I knew this day would come when someone close to me would have to have their own fight but my best friend in the world, well that has been difficult to take. Oh, no, not because she doesn't have the risk factors instead she has many, more than I ever have known. It is sad she now must find the strength to face everything and probably more than her own mother's fate. I got the news it is likely in both breasts though she only found on one side. Her skin cancer too came back cancer again though no one seemed to think it was of any importance. Can you imagine being my friend and doing all you could to make sure things would be taken care of instead she was assured all was well. Just like her mother diagnosed way too late though I will never give up hope on her. It is hard not being so angry since her story sounds worse than my own after all these years have past. How is that possible???????
Listen up all cancer can be painful, cancer can effect those who already have it. How is it one cancer can't lead to another if not watched very closely. She had had one of the worst forms of Malinoma and no one seemed to care...
I am trying to find HOPE and KEEP THE FAITH, but I have to tell you it does faulter.
Tara

Comments

• OregonSeaStar
    OregonSeaStar Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Dear Tara, I'm so sorry to hear about your best friend! For sure, you are taking this so hard, probably even harder that she. What a wonderful thing that she has a friend like you, someone who has fought the fight, knows what its all about, knows how to be a friend with love and strength and caring and encouragement and a strong shoulder for those times of weariness and tears. I know the anger of misdiagnosis, the anger at incompetence and uncaring healthcare providers. I know that it can eat and eat at you. I'm hoping that it will spur you and your friend to fight for every bit of medical care she needs and deserves. She is so very lucky to have you for a friend and advocate!

Hang in there; my thoughts and prayers will be with you both!
    -shelley
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Tara,

I am sorry for your friend. As I watched those close to me during my fight with the beast, I often thought it was harder from them than for me. I just had to do what came to me each day.. they had to watch it without being able to fight it themselves. So I will hope that both you and your friend will be able to find some peace as she makes her fight. I really have tried to get myself over the last two years to believe in the serenity prayer. I worried about things I could change... and left the rest to the one above...

Take Care... God Bless...

Susan
  • lovonna
    lovonna Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Tara, Now that I have completed the main hurdles of my recovery, a close friend of mine is also just starting down the road. She has been going thru various tests and so far are looking at the possibility of pancreas or colon cancer. These past few days have been very tough for me also.

Hang in there and try to be strong for her.

God Bless, LoVonna