loseing afriend

Options
jeanette7
jeanette7 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
my friend had one of her breast cut off last weeknext week she went back linking breast, shes doing alright now. iknow she will soon die , and it will spread though her body,she won;t change her life sty, eating ,drinking smokeing...
i stay still for now.what else can i do?

Comments

• karenack
    karenack Member Posts: 90
    Options
    What do you mean when you say "went back linking breast"? I'm not sure what you mean.
  • jeanette7
    jeanette7 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    karenack said:

What do you mean when you say "went back linking breast"? I'm not sure what you mean.

SORRY MY SPELLINGS, VERY BAD I MENT LEAKING BREAST,
  • karenack
    Options
    Oh, I see. Is she going to undergo chemo or any type of further treatment? Do you know if the cancer has already spread?
  • susabella
    susabella Member Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm so sorry for you and your friend to be going through this. I don't know her diagnosis or stage of cancer, but it may not be a grim as it sounds. I hope she values you as a friend and cares about her recovery. Could she be in denial or shock still? Perhaps she does not have enough information? It's very hard when someone makes a choice that we do not understand. I hope you can help her see how valuable she is and that the fight is worth it. Please let her know about us, and that this is a caring place for her to find hope. If she still chooses her current path, we will be here for you.

Hugs and prayers to you both,
    Sue
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Jeanette,

Your friends case maynot be as bad as you think. They have really wonderful treatment methods today that were not in place even a year ago. So we will keep you both in our prayers.

Take Care... God Bless....

Susan
  • mssue
    mssue Member Posts: 242
    Options
    Dear Jeanette,
    Sounds like Ur friend is very tough.I hope U don't lose her.Sometimes people just take a little more time and it has to be their idea to change or it won't stick.The leaking part I take is from the surgery? I had a radical Mastectomy - it took forever, it felt like, to heal.I had a hole almost in the front middle of my incision that drained for nearly 2 months-it was so gross to me - that's one very unpleasant experience I don't care to have again.
    It's ok for U to feel the way that U do,but don't let it hender your times together.All U can do right now is be there.I just got back from a funeral,a very special,good, funny friend that I will miss terribly.I've been boo hooing all afternoon.
    Your friend is still with U-be with her...
    Worrying will not get U anywhere.She should count her blessings to have a friend that cares.Let us know how she does and U take care too.

HUgs,
    Sue
  • karenack
    Options
    mssue said:

Dear Jeanette,
    Sounds like Ur friend is very tough.I hope U don't lose her.Sometimes people just take a little more time and it has to be their idea to change or it won't stick.The leaking part I take is from the surgery? I had a radical Mastectomy - it took forever, it felt like, to heal.I had a hole almost in the front middle of my incision that drained for nearly 2 months-it was so gross to me - that's one very unpleasant experience I don't care to have again.
    It's ok for U to feel the way that U do,but don't let it hender your times together.All U can do right now is be there.I just got back from a funeral,a very special,good, funny friend that I will miss terribly.I've been boo hooing all afternoon.
    Your friend is still with U-be with her...
    Worrying will not get U anywhere.She should count her blessings to have a friend that cares.Let us know how she does and U take care too.

HUgs,
    Sue

Susan is right. There are so many promising types of treatment now a days. It is so terrifying to hear that you have cancer. Everyone's right. Just be there for her. She is probably in denial and very frightened. She will need someone to talk to and a shoulder to cry on. Help her understand that cancer is not a death sentence anymore. Let us know how she does. Best Wishes.