I'm back, with sad news

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am back, as of last night 1/9. I did all the good things, in Holland, ate everything I wanted, but didn't get snow.
Then, Sunday last, I received a call from my mom (I was still in Holland), to say that my younger daughter (she was in a mental health facility) died unexpectedly. We are having an autopsy done, etc, to rule out medical malpractice. So, another angel is "walking with God". In a way, this was a good thing, because she had been not responding well to any medication used to attempt to stablize her, and was sleeping most of the time from the side effects. She was 22 on December 12.

So, I don't think I will be celebrating the holidays of late 2006/early 2007. My effective family has been cut in half. But, I am doing the steps necessary, and will keep as good an attitude as I can, realizing that all things happen according to plan.

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• LesleyH
    LesleyH Member Posts: 370
    Options
    Oh, Kathi, Honey. I am so so sorry. What a sad loss. I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child.

Warmest Hugs.

Lesley
  • karenack
    karenack Member Posts: 90
    Options
    I am truly sorry about your daughter. It's very sad. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.
  • krkath
    krkath Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi Kath,
    Glad your back and safe.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I can relate. The very first day I started chemo, I got a call from my neice saying the paramedics took my sister to the hospital. She died while I was hooked up to IV's! I went directly to the hospital after chemo and she was brain dead, so we had to make the awful decision to "pull the plug". (They said accidental overdose, but she also like your sister was on a lot of meds for Bi-Polar Disorder) But you're right, they are our Angels in heaven. I know she's still with me because sometimes I get these wierd feelings and she comes to mind or seems like she's trying to tell me something. I dearly miss her.
    Hope you and your family here are doing well. And Happy New Year to you and hoping things WILL get better.
    Prayers to your sister.
    Kathy R.
  • krkath
    krkath Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Sorry. I misread. Prayers to your daughter. DUH. Thought you said sister. But it hit me pretty hard and I guess I was thinking of my sister.
    KR
  • lovonna
    lovonna Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Kathi, I am so sorry to hear this news. Please know you are in my prayers at this time.

Hugs, LoVonna
  • Susan956
    Susan956 Member Posts: 510
    Options
    Kathi,

I too am so very sorry. I know that losing someone you love is very difficult... In fact for me it made Cancer seem easy.... And I cannot imagine loosing a child. Please know that your family here will have our collective arms around you. I wish we could do more.

The one thing that helped me through was someone telling me that with time the grief would get better.... and it does... but there will be days that it will seem like it won't ..... but give it time... and try to be easy on yourself....

Take Care... God Bless....

((((((Hugs)))))))

Susan
  • mssue
    mssue Member Posts: 242
    Options
    My deepest sympathies are sent to you Kathi.Such heartache should never have to be felt by anyone.I pray that you are comforted and given strength to keep going.As my tears flow for you at this time , remember you to must purge and release in order to move forward.We are here whenever U need us.
    Big Hugs,
    Sue
  • OregonSeaStar
    OregonSeaStar Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Dear Kathi, I too am so sad and sorry to hear about your daughter. No matter the circumstances, losing a child of any age is a terrible thing for a parent. I lost a daughter (she was 30), too. This is something you never really get over, just learn to live around. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    -shelley
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    My thought are you with you,
    I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I know how difficult it is for parents to loose a child. Kathy I can only hope you and your family continue on with the great courage and strength you all possess.
    We are here for you,
    Tara
  • ireneingeorgia
    ireneingeorgia Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Kathi. The news is devastating. You are a very strong person, looking at the positive that there is another angel out there with God. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
    Be strong.
    Love
    ireneincordova
  • kathydaly
    kathydaly Member Posts: 81
    Options
    I am stunned at your loss.

Once again you show us your grace, by your acceptance. I think it's so important to hear what someone said though, about purging and living the grief at whatever time or place it occurs. It is all about Time, and i guess I thought living around it as more time goes on is a helpful thought too.

All I can say is I am so very sorry, my throat closed over as I read this. There is no greater loss. You and yours have my prayers.

Love you and remember you can carry all of us in your pocket every day to try and make it easier.

Kathy
  • susabella
    susabella Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Dear Kathy,
    I am heartbroken for you. I would do anything to ease this loss for you, but I know it is only time that will help. My sister is bipolar and I know that sorrow. Your daughter is an angel now as you said and not feeling the pain of that awful disease. No parent should lose a child. I'm so very sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Sue
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Dear KathiM,
    I am so sorry to read of your loss. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to lose a child unexpectedly. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that someone close to you will be there to give you support and hugs when you need them.
  • ozzie2
    ozzie2 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    cabbott said:

Dear KathiM,
    I am so sorry to read of your loss. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to lose a child unexpectedly. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I pray that someone close to you will be there to give you support and hugs when you need them.

Hi Kathi..I am so sorry to read your news..My love and prayers are with you and yours..Know that your daughter is in a much better place now and free from her pain..
    May God bless you all..
    Oz2 xo
  • toninasky
    toninasky Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Dear Kathy,

Just out of hospital, and came to visit site. I am just overwhelmed for you. My deepest sympathy and prayers are with you. Sending you personal message. You are a strong woman who has survived a lot. This too shall pass. Having lost a child I can honestly say that. It may not be soon, but you will heal.
    Love and blessings,
    toni
  • jeanette7
    jeanette7 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    MY DEATHER DIED AFEW YEARS AGO AT AGE 28.I SO MISS HER.SO ,SO SO,ACTS 24:15 so, so, so!1corinthians15:22 [OLD KING JAMES BIBLE]
  • inkblot
    inkblot Member Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Dear Kathy,

My heart goes out to you and please know that my thoughts are with you. Often, greater forces are at work, which we do not understand and acceptance is all we can achieve. May you find strength and comfort in your many wonderful, beautiful memories.

Love & Hugs,
    Ink