1 Down 11 more to go...

Sam725
Sam725 Member Posts: 87 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all,
Wanted to thank all of you for letting us know what your first chemo treatment was like. It made going alot easier for my husband and I. It pretty much went down as you all said. They gave him decardon (I think thats how you spell it) and a anti nausea drug then the chemo. Hooked him up to the pump and we went home. Took about 3 1/2 hours the first day. The people there were all up beat and the nurses were great, made us feel comfortable. Side effect so far was a little nausea on Thursday and Friday morning but he took his compazine and it was gone. The cold thing isn't too bad and it's been great here in Michigan since the temps have been in the high 40's so I am sure that has helped with him since he is on the road everyday delivering tools to work sites. But again thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated. Sandy

Comments

• BusterBrown
    BusterBrown Member Posts: 221 Member
    Great approach, take'm one at a time. I think it's terrific that your husband is working. I worked thru my entire 12 cylcles of folfox. I found the busier I was the less I thought about being sick. Tell'm him to keep up the good work.
    Buster
  • LOUSWIFT
    LOUSWIFT Member Posts: 371 Member
    I've been enjoying the mild Michigan weather too. I never felt nausea on my chemo but I did not have the pump. Side effects incresed over time. I also worked at my job during all of chemo but it wasn't easy. Hang in there treatment appears to have worked for me.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Thanks for sharing, Sandy. I hope the next eleven will go as well. Keep us posted.

Hugs,

Kay